Helmet Envy or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
That's a big about turn. Since the vast majority of cyclist head injuries are caused in road accidents being hit by a motor vehicle with the driver at fault it would seem you don't support cyclists wearing helmets to protect against them. Drivers should be held accountable instead.
drivers should be accountable if at fault, absolutely not change in my view there

IMO Im better with helmet on than off , absolutely no change there

wheres the about turn you are now claiming?

david k

Hi
Errr, like wearing a helmet because of others behaviour? That statement would be great tagline for the anti-helmet brigade (if such a thing were to exist) :thumbsup:

i still dont support the view, put yourself at risk so others take more care attitude, seems very negative to me

id rather take precautions and support training and awareness than alter approach and put myself at risk. If drivers are the fault then they should be targeted, that does not mean do not wear a helmet!
when on site i wear safety boots but i dont intend to drop anything heavy on my feet

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
drivers should be accountable if at fault, absolutely not change in my view there

IMO Im better with helmet on than off , absolutely no change there

wheres the about turn you are now claiming?

Not a U turn then a quick 360!

I had a feeling you hadn't thought through all the ramifications of your reply, again.

For future reference,on each posting could you please let eveyone know if you will be changing your mind in the next ten minutes and backtrackng?

david k

Hi
Not a U turn then a quick 360!

I had a feeling you hadn't thought through all the ramifications of your reply, again.

For future reference,on each posting could you please let eveyone know if you will be changing your mind in the next ten minutes and backtrackng?

no backtrack occurred although you wish there had been

for future reference ill post any way i like, you are not the police on the board and i wont be taking your advice, feel free to reply again but rest assured it will be treated with the contempt due to your obnoxious attitude

Little yellow Brompton

no backtrack occurred although you wish there had been

for future reference ill post any way i like, you are not the police on the board and i wont be taking your advice, feel free to reply again but rest assured it will be treated with the contempt due to your obnoxious attitude

Lets see you posted "...i do not support changes in own behaviour because of others, if you do were will it end? " This is clearly in conflict with your earlier opinion that you wear a helmet because of the percived dangers from other road users. ie you change your behaviour ( by wearing a helmet) because of others. If you now want to say you didn't mean that, then fine, but don't say that you done't mean it and that it wasn;t backtaking. As for the next part of your reply, I didn't set my self up as "police" and I didn't offer any "advice" I asked a question, I can see why your are upset at making a fool of yourself, but please don't try projecting that onto me, I wasn't the only one who took your words on face value, and if you can't tink through the ramifications of your own text before hitting reply that is not my ( or anyone elses fault).

david k

Hi
helmets are designed to protect the head, whether that be from a car or yourself, so removing helmet would not be an answer to changing ones own behavior due to others, there are many way in which a crash may happen

now as you can see it is indeed yourself who has been made to look a fool by your own comments, not mine, i didnt set out to highlight your short comings but you have dug yourself that hole and now must stand by it or agree you are wrong in your attempts to point out i made a u turn. Had you just let my comments be o replied with respect and not trying to just find any minor fault to discredit me and therefore in your eyes wearing of helemts this conversation would not have took place, please think before you post. Your intention was solely to have a go at me and nothing to do with what was said, stay on topic and fine try to be a smart arse and i will not sit back and accept it

Little yellow Brompton

helmets are designed to protect the head, whether that be from a car or yourself, so removing helmet would not be an answer to changing ones own behavior due to others, there are many way in which a crash may happen

now as you can see it is indeed yourself who has been made to look a fool by your own comments, not mine, i didnt set out to highlight your short comings but you have dug yourself that hole and now must stand by it or agree you are wrong in your attempts to point out i made a u turn. Had you just let my comments be o replied with respect and not trying to just find any minor fault to discredit me and therefore in your eyes wearing of helemts this conversation would not have took place, please think before you post. Your intention was solely to have a go at me and nothing to do with what was said, stay on topic and fine try to be a smart arse and i will not sit back and accept it

"helmets are designed to protect the head, whether that be from a car or yourself, so removing helmet would not be an answer to changing ones own behavior due to others, there are many way in which a crash may happen
"

That's not what the standard says, but then you haven't read the standard so you wouldn't know that.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Wear what you like, it is your choice and no one elses.

Personally I would stick it on e bay :whistle:

lukesdad

Wear what you like, it is your choice and no one elses.

Personally I would stick it on e bay :whistle:

Personally I think it wouldn t fit. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Andrew_P

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Honestly? I think if I had to wear it so it wouldn't move on impact it would be so uncomfortable I would never ride, its sat their perched upon my head a lump of polystyrene, I really feel like it is a case of the emperors clothes "This £99 helemt will save your life" and thus most seem to obey.

Worn it three out of 12 rides... and they were 1, 2 & 3. the only thing it has done is made me feel guilty, at leaset before it wasn't there to wear, so I may well take the advice above, and stick it on eBay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom