Helmet fixable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
broke the head strap adjustment jobby on my helmet
any chance of fixing this, not sure i'll be able to get a replacement part...
or is it a goner :hello:

20220830_193010.jpg

Gwylan

Veteran
No! Pucker up and get a new one
It's cheaper than fixing your head!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just shows you how flimsy the thing is, best bin it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Planet X have a stack of cheap helmets that are good. Ive got 3 of them. Given up spending mega money on a lid. They are good for gravel rash protection.

The sizing at PX is right. Just measure your head, and if nearer large, get the large. Medium won't go on my noggin.

I had a stupid off a couple of days ago and headbutted the floor. Helmet stopped gravel rash on my forehead, but not my lip and chin, nor both elbows, knee and the nasty gash in my forearm. Gravel rash on the scalp isn't funny.

Gone are the days when I'd buy the latest Bell super expensive helmet (£150) when a £15 PX one is as good and you don't worry if it needs to go in the bin.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Planet X have a stack of cheap helmets that are good. Ive got 3 of them. Given up spending mega money on a lid. They are good for gravel rash protection.

The sizing at PX is right. Just measure your head, and if nearer large, get the large. Medium won't go on my noggin.

I had a stupid off a couple of days ago and headbutted the floor. Helmet stopped gravel rash on my forehead, but not my lip and chin, nor both elbows, knee and the nasty gash in my forearm. Gravel rash on the scalp isn't funny.

Gone are the days when I'd buy the latest Bell super expensive helmet (£150) when a £15 PX one is as good and you don't worry if it needs to go in the bin.

use one for commuting , not as airy as some but for less than £10 its fine of course they do more expensive better ones

byegad

Legendary Member
That looks like something a drop of superglue will fix,

Nah! In the spirit of the forum, some rubber solution and a couple of patches will do it. Next people will be replacing tyres just because the sidewall is split and you can see canvas on the tread area.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom