Helmet light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I've got a torch-style one, which I combined with a mount like this:
http://www.thetorchsite.co.uk/Fenix_and_twofish_bike_mounts.html
I kinda like this as it would double as a ...er...torch but it look heavy?

If you are wanting something with a bit more light than the frogs but still not big/ heavy you may want to check out the EL410, I like it because of its versatility, it fits my aero profile handlebars but I've used it often on my helmet.

I have an EL that i've hashed onto my lid a few times but the bracket doesnt "naturally" fit a lid...how to you mount yours?

Watch my lips

T.E.S.C.O. micro LEDs.

Down to a couple of quid for a pair at the moment, and can be slotted into your helmet vents. They have an extremely bright and fast strobe setting.

Neat but I suspect a bit "non directional" for me...I want to point it at a drivers face...my fault as i described my wishes as less directional, so I've confused a few people there...apologies.

the El is the type of thing I want but a lighter version with a low (surface mounted type) mount...so that it doesnt tower above me and make my head feel like it has a small sail on it.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I kinda like this as it would double as a ...er...torch but it look heavy?

Not really, or at least I don't notice.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Neat but I suspect a bit "non directional" for me...I want to point it at a drivers face...my fault as i described my wishes as less directional, so I've confused a few people there...apologies.

You could ask The Droid, although a spell down the gym to build up your neck muscles first

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Don't 'k around Jonny, get a proper light first time. Want to borrow my Exposure Joystick with helmet mount for a few rides? I'll only need it next Thurs...

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Don't 'k around Jonny, get a proper light first time. Want to borrow my Exposure Joystick with helmet mount for a few rides? I'll only need it next Thurs...

Very good of you BM...But I just cant justify the cost...its a secondary light (or... tertiary.... if you count both El's that I can mount) and one I'll only occasionally wear as it's position interferes with mounting the cam...so something cheap and lite will do for now.

kind of you to offer though.

Norm

Seeing talk of peeps mounting things on helmets always concerns me, negating many of the benefits which a lid might offer by adding pressure points and further snag points.

Borrow the Joystick and buy an Exposure head strap. They are only a tenner and they can be used with any torch of the right diameter.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Seeing talk of peeps mounting things on helmets always concerns me, negating many of the benefits which a lid might offer by adding pressure points and further snag points.

Borrow the Joystick and buy an Exposure head strap. They are only a tenner and they can be used with any torch of the right diameter.

But it's a damn sight better than nailing them direct to your head if you are a non-believer.

Zoiders

I wouldn't strap an aluminium bodied torch like a Fenix or Joystick to a normal lid, I might do so with a piss pot lid but not a vented one.

People go to the trouble of purchasing a helmet and wearing it for protection and then strap a hard metal object to it that will penetrate the helmet and possibly your skull in a smash.

Silly.

Top Bottom