Helmet required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
My helmet has bizarrely melted, doesn't look like Scott are going to forthcoming with a replacement so if anyone sees a good deal on a new lid please post . Thanks

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
This has been moved by the moderators as I posted it in the wrong place, I want a helmet but not a Scott one as the last one melted. Mods can you change the title or better still just remove.

Just a guess but I suspect any make of helmet will melt under the conditions you've described in THIS thread :whistle:

Perhaps the glass of the porch intensified the suns rays causing the problem you've had? I've stored helmets in my plastic shed in the past and never seen anything like that.

FWIW my helmet is stored in it's protective bag in the bottom of my wardrobe, and funnily enough it's never melted either :tongue:

Mind you it's not a Scott so that may be a factor in it's survival :laugh:

As for a new helmet, personally I'd never buy a second hand one, so just see what offers the online places have got. If you know your size then you can't really go wrong, but if in doubt get to your LBS and try some on, then buy the one that fits best.

Oh and son't forget the safety standard shenanigans as well, Snell/EN 1078 and all that guff :thumbsup:

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Smokeysmoo... You think any helmet would melt sat in a porch? God help cyclists in hot countries.

I don't actually want a second hand helmet, I posted this in the "found a bargain" thread as a " if anyone sees a bargain" let me know. But it got moved and retitled.

Thanks for the reply though.

Smokeysmoo... You think any helmet would melt sat in a porch?
I really don't actually, but yours did for some reason so I'm surmising that any would under the same circumstances.

In other words I don't think the fact it was a Scott has any bearing on what happened what so ever, that's all.

I know several guys with Scott helmets and they've never had such an issue.

Hope you get sorted :thumbsup:

vickster

Legendary Member
You need a helmet that fits. Go to shops, try one on in your budget, buy it (or if you are cheeky, buy online once determined which one you want)

Top Bottom