Votes: 31 36.9%
  • I am vociferously against both of the first two poll options

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • I am compulsive poll participant

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can we fiddle that stats?

Although (at the moment) less than half (43%) wear a helmet

Logically therefore 57% do not....

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
36.5% No vote is a victory for No.

The Yes voters have all been tricked by last minute promises from Westminster and secretly support the No campaign.

When the opportunity demands it. ie. Sportives that have a "no lid, no ride" clause. Also sometimes on longer rides where fatigue means the probability of a low-speed pratfall is increased. Otherwise nope.

Some also have a ban on EN1078 helmets!

One organiser actually states that:

It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will not be covered by the event insurance and will be disqualified from the event and could be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. The rider must accept this as a condition of entry.

SO if you turn up with a basicEN1078 helmet that does not pass the higher standards .... you are out

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Some also have a ban on EN1078 helmets!

One organiser actually states that:

SO if you turn up with a basicEN1078 helmet that does not pass the higher standards .... you are out
Would they actually check? Mines a specialized one for that reason (and my head is specialized shape luckily).

Would they actually check? Mines a specialized one for that reason (and my head is specialized shape luckily).

Whether they check or not, it is interetsing that in line with other organisations they are making it clear just how inadequate and useless they consider the EN1078 standard

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Woah now! Dangerously close to discussing the subject matter - let's rein it in, eh?

In unrelated news I hear horse riders are partial to head protection.

:whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
I wear a helmet on precisely 50% of my rides, solely so I can be an awkward cuss for poll organisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom