Helmets, insurance and training for pedestrians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
There is an e-petition calling on the Government to introduce Helmets, insurance and training for pedestrianson the grounds that:
Other road users have to pass tests to prove they are competant to operate a vehicle on the public highway. Pedestrians however are at the most risk and from any age they can walk around without any training, they are often wearing ipods and flout the rules of the roads e.g not stopping at traffic lights and crossing the road. I propose that all pedestrians must undertake training and be insured before riding on the road to protect themselves and others. They should wear hi-viz clothing and have helmets for their own safety

If you think cyclist should be made to wear helmets, you should sign this e-petition ;)

cycleruk

o god what have you done,a helmet thread!:eek: is there a petition to say cyclist dont have to wear helmets^_^

byegad

Legendary Member
Good show, hang on while I get some cans of beer, salted peanuts and pull up my favourite chair.

Hang on here comes the roar!

StuartG

slower but further
Good show, hang on while I get some cans of beer, salted peanuts ...
Now come on - you can't just go eating peanuts like that. They are lethal. Are you sure you haven't an allergy? Have you been tested, insured and carry a registration document to prove it?

Thought not. Flippin' nutcase (aka helmet ...)

byegad

Legendary Member
Now come on - you can't just go eating peanuts like that. They are lethal. Are you sure you haven't an allergy? Have you been tested, insured and carry a registration document to prove it?

Thought not. Flippin' nutcase (aka helmet ...)

Doh! How stupid of me. I'll go get the cotton wool to wrap myself in.

Top Bottom