Help - 2014 Charity Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Once again it's time for me to decide the ride I do for charity this year (I try to do one a year). This year's will be for MacMillan in remembrance of the wife of a friend of mine. However I'm stuck for something to do. I thought about doing the MacMillan London - Paris as a kind of relaxed challenge but maybe it's too relaxed. They require £1600 in sponsorship and I don't think I could persuade people to sponsor me that much. Also, I guess I'd feel a little guilty cos it would be relaxed (the longest day is around 115 miles I think).

A couple of years CC came up trumps and with the help of Arallsopp, Aperitif, Red Jedi and Davywalnuts I raised over £1000 for Help for Heroes so I'm looking for good ideas. Anything up to 250 miles, preferably circular in nature or at least starting and ending around London.

Ideas?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Follow the M25 clockwise then anticlockwise non stop. That should be about 250 miles.

robgul

Legendary Member
Once again it's time for me to decide the ride I do for charity this year (I try to do one a year). This year's will be for MacMillan in remembrance of the wife of a friend of mine. However I'm stuck for something to do. I thought about doing the MacMillan London - Paris as a kind of relaxed challenge but maybe it's too relaxed. They require £1600 in sponsorship and I don't think I could persuade people to sponsor me that much. Also, I guess I'd feel a little guilty cos it would be relaxed (the longest day is around 115 miles I think).

A couple of years CC came up trumps and with the help of Arallsopp, Aperitif, Red Jedi and Davywalnuts I raised over £1000 for Help for Heroes so I'm looking for good ideas. Anything up to 250 miles, preferably circular in nature or at least starting and ending around London.

Ideas?

We run a series of events for Macmillan Cancer Support - see www.macride-events.org.uk - you could ride "the complete set" as an interesting challenge. PM me with a phone number if it's of interest. [The Tour ride says it's full but we'll be releasing a few more places later this week]

Rob (MacRide Events - Volunteer Organiser)

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
We run a series of events for Macmillan Cancer Support - see www.macride-events.org.uk - you could ride "the complete set" as an interesting challenge. PM me with a phone number if it's of interest. [The Tour ride says it's full but we'll be releasing a few more places later this week]

Rob (MacRide Events - Volunteer Organiser)
Thanks for that Rob. I'll have a think about it. I would probably have to do the set as no one is going to sponsor me to ride 100 miles. I'll have to look into logistics as they all start a way from me but as I said I'll give it some thought.

If I don't make any of them, good luck.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Jo has a great idea.

Towns that spell out your name.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
2881939 said:
Manchester, Immingham, Liverpool, London, Aberdeen again, Norwich.
I am assuming you don't want to do silly distances down to the west country and I know you aren't allowed into Wales.
You know it was all going really well until you joined in! And I'll be going to Cardiff this year (and I'll be in Swansea next month!)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Instead of writing their name, you could draw a great big picture your charity's logo on the map with the track of your route. Not sure if Macmillan have a pictorial logo, though. Failing that draw something else, like a giant willy.

Top Bottom