Help - beef Wellington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Are you just doing a clean red wine sauce with it?

Pretty well - there will be a reservation of a spoonful of the duxelle, the use of red wine and then adjustments with port and perhaps red currant at the seasoning adjustment point. I want to flare off the alcohol, but not to reduce too much as I want some moisture on the plate.

Reactions: TVC
Lidl......

FIN_20131121_BUS_001_29686489_I1.JPG

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Beef Wellington does look like a lot of fuss for a posh meat pie, and far too easy to end up with something barely edible.

The Lidl ones might be very good, a lot of their stuff is.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
To be honest I'd prefer to have the pate as a starter with toast, then a nice fillet steak with a salad using the lovely mushrooms to make a forestiere sauce followed by apple pie and clotted cream using the pastry... yum.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
To be honest I'd prefer to have the pate as a starter with toast, then a nice fillet steak with a salad using the lovely mushrooms to make a forestiere sauce followed by apple pie and clotted cream using the pastry... yum.

I quite agree - I think the pate would make the dish over rich. My thinking is that when you have got very high quality ingredients, then you need to keep it as simple as possible, and concentrate on getting the basics right.

Final advice, make sure you serve it with brown sauce, not ketchup.

Top Bottom