Help bike identification for replacement parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gabe Cc

C103E775-2EE3-4003-9745-48576D1C6420.jpeg
Hello, I am looking for some help in identifying the model of this bike so I can buy a new chain set at the crank arm thread has gone. Does anybody know and if so do they know where I might purchase the replacement parts?

Attachments

• 47120A93-8C57-4CFD-9374-7C8BF0FDF2E0.jpeg
    47120A93-8C57-4CFD-9374-7C8BF0FDF2E0.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 3

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Do you mean the bolt that holds the crank arm on has stripped in the bottom bracket axle? There are no threads on the chainset other than the one around the bolt hole which holds on the cover and is used to thread in an extractor plus of course the pedals the other end. So you could just need a BB axle not a complete chainset.
If you're not worried about keeping it period correct any 42/52 (or any other tooth combination) chainset will do, you'll also need a square taper BB as well if the tread has gone.
You could upgrade to a modern Shimano Hollowtech chainset which will come with a BB.
Otherwise look for a period Raleigh chainset used on eBay or ask on here, I'm sure someone has one kicking around.
BTW welcome to the forum 😊

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Looks like a team cadet Panasonic? Does it say aerospace contour on the top tube near the seat post.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Having looked at his pic again the LH pedal is missing so I'm guessing it's the thread in that crank that has gone, didn't notice that before.
Don't you have an alloy LH Raleigh crank laying around biggsy?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Having looked at his pic again the LH pedal is missing so I'm guessing it's the thread in that crank that has gone, didn't notice that before.
Don't you have an alloy LH Raleigh crank laying around biggsy?

You could be right re pedal missing

I don't think i have an odd one , but you can buy them on e bay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Left-Han...148417?hash=item3608ef8341:g:ybwAAOSw8cNUTidJ

just make sure it's a std taper which i would expect it to be oh and the right length

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Good info. Normally he'd need a crank extractor to remove the crank but as it's worthless he can just whack it off with a hammer and an piece of wood behind the crank at the BB end.

Top Bottom