Help finding vintage project bicycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex11

I'm struggling to find vintage bicycles for my projects...

Old 10sps and road/racing bikes are what I'm after. I like restoring them and converting them to singlespeed sometimes.

I need help finding them!

Gratefully received!

lip03

Über Member
Ebay ,gumtree Friday ad. There just A few places your local tip! That's always a good place if you haven't got too much pride to ask for them! Also go on face book and search for groups that offer people the chance to offer there unwanted stuff for free I your local area one of the ones near me is called stuff for free in Bedford. Hope that's good to ya

lip03

Über Member
i would look about a bit before buying that i have picked bikes up free with a bit of patience ie this.......
bike_resized.jpg
and this was the condition it came in hadnt even rubbed a cloth over the frame!

lip03

Über Member
gumtree or similar. found them in skips or if you have a tip near you go in and look in the scrap metal skip always bikes in there and if your lucky a roadie!

or like i said post on face book that your looking for bikes on pages that are for people who want to give things away this is the kind of thing i mean http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/371415912881648/
obviously this is local to me but there is a lot of them around so sure there'll be one local to yourself

tyred

Legendary Member
If you know anyone who does building work or similar where they are around derelict houses, ask them to keep an eye out. People have all sorts tucked away. That's where all my recent projects have come from and all FOC^_^

Top Bottom