Help for a project class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

desselman9

Hello, I'm a Chemical Engineering Master's student working on a project involving puncture resistant mountain bike tires. Part of the project includes customer discovery through the use of a survey. If any number of people could take this survey it would help me immensely. It's very short, less than a few minutes. This study is purely academic.

https://forms.gle/UTWLCiZLZ8ZYJ9739

The last question asks for feedback, I'd love to hear what kind of issues you all have with bike tires that you'd like to see fixed as new technology for bike tires comes out. This can be for all sorts of tires. Feel free to reply to this thread for that question instead of the survey!

Thank you!

Slioch

Guru
Survey done.

But, your question about "How many times do you experience flat tires annually?" probably needs to be quantified against the average annual mileage each respondent does to get an accurate representation. I do roughly 5,000 miles per annum and experience between 1-5 punctures per annum.

Also, it may be worthwhile quantifying the types of tyres each respondent uses. On my "main" bikes I use tyres with a high puncture resistance and am willing to pay a premium price for these products. Someone else who uses cheaper tyres with less puncture resistance, and doing a similar mileage, may well experience more punctures.

alicat

Legendary Member
Your question "Are your tyres tubeless or tubular?" is flawed. My tyres have inner tubes so are neither tubeless or tubular (otherwise known as tubs). Pro racing cyclists all use tubs.

Top Bottom