help from all you chefs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Salsa sauce: fry onions, chillis, coriander, garlic in olive oil. Add as many of salt, pepper, fish sauce, palm sugar, tamarind, galangal as you've got. Boil a couple of beef tomatoes for half a minute or two, peel and blend them. Add them to the frying stuff, fry for half a minute then blend the lot. (Some can be then saved for later use.)
Cook tuna steaks, then fry mushrooms and add boiled pasta, the chopped up tuna steak, mushrooms, and walnuts.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
bonj said:
Salsa sauce:
[laguage pedant] "Salsa" means 'sauce', so "salsa sauce" is a tautology [/language pedant]
Recipe looks good though...I love tuna steak! :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
Cook and drain your pasta. Put it back in the pan and add two or three beaten eggs, some chunks of cheddar, some cooked chopped bacon, ham or chorizo sausage and some dried chilli flakes. Cook it until the egg is lightly scrambled. Quick, cheap, easy and absolutely delicious.
I'm not sure whether it would work cold though.:biggrin:

<homer> Mmmm, carbonara... <dribble>

I think almost any pasta dish can work cold - sometimes you can just add some more moisture, like a dash of olive oil. I always cook more pasta than I really need, and sometimes I'm good and leave some for lunch the next day, cold. Mostly though, I just pig out and eat it all.:biggrin:

My standby ingredients for pasta would be black olives (get a big jar, keep in the fridge), tinned tomatoes, onions, peppers - red, yellow or orange, and pesto. I nearly always have these in and they make a basic sauce, to which you can add tuna, or minced beef, or diced bacon, or leftover cooked chicken, herbs, chilli, oh, anything you have in really really.

Chicken or Salmon and a creamy sauce is also nice - asparagus and/or broccoli go well with that.

My really lazy dish is cooked pasta with a tin of condensed chicken soup heated up (undiluted) and poured over. My really, really lazy snack is quick noodles, cooked without the sachet of powder, and dumped in a portion of chicken cup-a-soup, made up quick thick. If you liked mushroom, mushroom soup would also do...

walker

Firstly Don't cook the pasta too soft, make sure it is still resonably hard but still yet cooked.
Shallow fry some onions (White) with a mixture of peppers and finley sliced chicken breast all in Carratino oil with a clove of garlic. add this to the pasta with tomato Puree, rosemary and basil. Add Salt and pepper at your own taste.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
As you're taking it to school, why not heat some aplhabetti spaghetti, and keep it in a flask? :biggrin:
4774p.jpg

I gave a tin to some Italian friends once. Though initially horrified, they had to admit it was nice on toast! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Fnaar said:
As you're taking it to school, why not heat some aplhabetti spaghetti, and keep it in a flask? :biggrin:
4774p.jpg

I gave a tin to some Italian friends once. Though initially horrified, they had to admit it was nice on toast! :biggrin:

Ewhuyyyyyyh!

I hate spagheti, but the pasta sounds good. Will have to try most of them. Thanks guys! :biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Don't forget - CHEEEEEEESE:tongue:

Top Bottom