Help identifying 1970s bike please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maffoo100

Hi there,
After many years of my partner telling me about her first bike and how she would like to find one, we stumbled across a Raleigh ad from the 70s on Youtube, which shows the exact bike, much to her delight. Can anyone help identify the model please as I have looked extensively and cannot find an exact match. She was born in 1973 and learned to ride between 1977 and 1978 so hopefully that helps. Apologies for the terrible picture it is a screen grab.

Thanks

Mat

Attachments

• amandas raleigh.JPG
    amandas raleigh.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 70

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It almost seems like a miniature version of a mixte with that cross bar going all the way through to form part of the rear triangle.

Raleigh models specifically designed for children were a fairly narrow range in the 70s with the well known models (Chopper, Chipper, Commando, Budgie etc) being about all there was. I'd say it's a scaled down version of one of the mixtes of the day. That's probably a good place to look for leads.

midlife

Guru
It's a pleasure, we used to sell them in the bike shop I worked in during the 70's. A sort of mini version of a Raleigh 20; especially with that rear carrier.

Not sure where they go the name from, mind you Raleigh/ Carlton recycled the same names year after year.

Why not try a 20 to relive the experience :smile:

Top Bottom