Help me choose between two phones....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm torn between the Sony Ericsson C902 or the Nokia 6303 for my next payg mobile. Have put off replacing the existing Nokia as long as possible, but now is the time, and I've narrowed it down to these two.

Any thoughts? Each seems to have pros and cons. I've got as far as gleaning from internet comments that the battery maybe won't last as long on the C902 but the camera is better. I quite fancy having a camera option as my current mobile hasn't got one. Would be great if someone who's actually got either of these could offer an opinion.

I odn't know the 6303, but the C902 is like a fairly good camera with a built in phone, rather than a phone with a built in camera. :sad: Batteries likely to need charging at least every 3 days with normal use which is a bit to quick for me.

woohoo

Veteran
I would try them both in a shop. I've got similar phones in the family and I reckon that the Sony has the better camera but that the Nokia menu system and short cuts make it easier to use.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
2Loose - yes, that's about what I'd heard, plus the Nokia only needs a charge once a week according to some folk.

Woohoo - I do like the Nokia menus. I've occasionally pressed the wrong button when using a Sony E and lost a whole text that I'd been half way through writing. At least on the Nokias, if I go wrong, the text is more often than not still there when you go back.

One slightly nagging thought I have about the Nokia, apart from the camera, is the design: I can't make my mind up whether it's neat or a bit ugly. Everything else about it seems ok.

yenrod

beanzontoast said:
I'm torn between the Sony Ericsson C902 or the Nokia 6303 for my next payg mobile. Have put off replacing the existing Nokia as long as possible, but now is the time, and I've narrowed it down to these two.

Any thoughts? Each seems to have pros and cons. I've got as far as gleaning from internet comments that the battery maybe won't last as long on the C902 but the camera is better. I quite fancy having a camera option as my current mobile hasn't got one. Would be great if someone who's actually got either of these could offer an opinion.

I personally would have the 6303 ! - the memory cards are more expensive on SE's !

...nice little phone is the 6303 :sad:

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Rhythm Thief said:
As someone who has a phone purely for its telephoning capabilities, I'd say go with the Nokia. Once you've got used to the way Nokias work, it's quite hard to switch to anything else. I've tried it two or three times and I always get another Nokia after two or three weeks with something else.

I'm kinda leaning that way. I've used a borrowed SE for 6 months in the past, and I did get to like it over time - apart from the annoying 'where's my text gone?' issue above. The Nokia's a wee bit cheaper than the SE too, which is not to be ignored. Another funny thing about the Nokia though is that the top row of buttons slope upwards towards the screen. I've never come across a pad that does this before. Doesn't seem to affect keystrokes on the ones I've tried out in shops, but still a bit strange. Why do phone manufacturers have to change specs on things like keypads all the time? The 6300 that this one replaced had a much better look to it, I think.

Why not get another 6300 off Ebay?

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
I have had Nokia's for about 18 years, 6310i type of thing, however my last phone is a Sony Ericsson K850i with a 5mp camera.

Not impressed, prefer my old Nokia's, far easier to use apart from the E60 which wasn't too brilliant!

Top Bottom