Help me choose new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2pies

Veteran
As above, i've a budget of roughly £1500 to play with. My preference was a cube agree gtc pro but can't get one for love nor money so i guess i have to re - evaluate. My only stipulation is a carbon frame and if i was to be picky a more relaxed geometry but that's not essential.
Many thanks :hello:

Focus Cayo is very similar in spec and price to the Cube Agree. Both German, too!

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
What's the difference between 'new tiagra' and the previous version or last years 105 any idea?

Im guessing very little. I use 5600 105 on the secteur, and 5700 105 on the roubaix. I have tried a little go on a Croix de Fer with the 10 speed tiagra. It felt good, I doubt in a blind test many people would tell the difference. I guess it would mainly be down to the cost and lightness of the internal components. I would be happy with new tiagr, and especially the 30 cog rear!

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
Im guessing very little. I use 5600 105 on the secteur, and 5700 105 on the roubaix. I have tried a little go on a Croix de Fer with the 10 speed tiagra. It felt good, I doubt in a blind test many people would tell the difference. I guess it would mainly be down to the cost and lightness of the internal components. I would be happy with new tiagr, and especially the 30 cog rear!
Good info Paul thanks. I'm only really looking for a double of compact double but i guess most bikes come as double or triple. I guess your happy with spesh generally?

2pies

Veteran
Interesting that thanks. What's the difference between 'new tiagra' and the previous version or last years 105 any idea?

2012 Tiagra has 10 gears, it previously had 9. The only difference between Tiagra and 105, aside from the huge weight differnece of 10s of grams :laugh:, is cosmetic - 105 routes the shifter cables inside rather than outside.

Apparently Shimano will be focusing the 2013 range on Sora and Tourney, the new name for 2300. I doubt Tiagra or 105 will change much, which is nice to know if you are buying a bike now.

Ashy

Jumping in on this thread take a look at Rose bikes - similar to Canyon. Best thing is there are lots of bikes(frames/models/colours) to choose from and you can configure your bike further than the basic spec. I had a play the other night and it was great fun adding extras. You'll be surprised by the price as well.

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/bikes/road-bikes

Top Bottom