Help me choose....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
On the 'boss' bike front, I have last years 7.3 WSD and it's a lovely light bike...no good really for anything particularly rough though. I am sure this year's is as good :becool:

Can't comment on your options though, sorry!

potsy

Rambler
Trek 7.5FX is one of the bikes on my short=list for the future,although the list is getting bigger-Sirrus Comp/Elite,Tri-cross are the others.
Have the 7.1 now and it's fine if a little on the heavy side,but the 7.5 has a lighter frame and carbon forks so should be better.

OP
OP
B

boylucifer

Getting the Treks is probably my current favourite option - although I'd like to see the others in the flesh before I go placing an order anywhere!

Guess I'll just need to keep looking for now!!!

Crankarm

Guru
The Trek 7.5fx is an excellent bike for what it is. IMHO Trek has by far the best build quality and finish of all the manufacturers. I also have a Sirrus Sport which is ok but the paint is so thin and chips so easily. The Trek 7.5fx OTOH has much better paint quality and durability. My 7.5fx is one of the first ones which must make it about 10 years old and is still in excellent condition. The frame is really strong.

You made the right choice going with a bike you feel comfortable on rather than the next big thing which might not have suited you. If you like the Trek 7.5fx you could always upgrade to a full on road bike such as a Trek Madone. These frames are gorgeous IMHO :biggrin:. Trek frames seem to fit me pretty well, others are ok but not as comfortable. You'll hopefully not be disappointed with yours.

What colour have you chosen?

OP
OP
B

boylucifer

I could only get the nickel colour in a 20" frame. Was a bit gutted cause I wanted a black one, but Trek dealer is saying there is no chance of getting a black one.

OP
OP
B

boylucifer

Just picked it up today, and well pleased with it, much nicer looking built up than I expected it to be!!!
Mrs Boylucifer got a 7.3fx today too - she's really pleased with it too, now just to get out on them!!!

jamesxyz

boylucifer said:
Just picked it up today, and well pleased with it, much nicer looking built up than I expected it to be!!!

Keep me informed as my boss is awaiting delivery of a 7.5 from CTW - she had to get a man's as she's too tall for ladies Treks so I'll get to ride it too!!:smile:

OP
OP
B

boylucifer

I've had a shot of my mates one which is what persuaded me to get it. What height is she to be too tall for the ladies one?? I thought Mrs Boylucifer would maybe have gone for the men's one, but think she was really sold on the white of the ladies.
What colour is Mrs Jamesxyz getting?

jamesxyz

boylucifer said:
I've had a shot of my mates one which is what persuaded me to get it. What height is she to be too tall for the ladies one?? I thought Mrs Boylucifer would maybe have gone for the men's one, but think she was really sold on the white of the ladies.
What colour is Mrs Jamesxyz getting?

she's a tad over 6' and she's getting that silvery goldy nickely coloured one. Unusually there's achoice of colours - i wanted her to get the black one but hey ho!

OP
OP
B

boylucifer

Mate has black one, mine is the nickel coloured one.
Black is really nice, more eyecatching and possibly a bit blingy with the red tires and red saddle rails.
Nickel one is more ordinary looking, but still really nice in my opinion. Photos don't really do it justice.
I think she/you will like it, I'm just looking forward to getting out for a decent ride on it.

OP
OP
B

boylucifer

Went out this morning and got 10 miles in on it. Was over a mix of surfaces, but would definitely try to avoid anywhere that was bumpy off road type tracks as I couldn't believe how vibey the front was compared to my mountain bike.
Really enjoyed it and felt like I could have gone on for much longer - but had to get home for my little girl, so stuck her in her seat on the mountain bike and went out for a few more miles.

Top Bottom