Help me find a replacement after my new Boardman was stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

lidad66

have plumped for the specialized allez sport 2009 model looks like a good replacement to me
The Specialized Allez Sport 2009 has the following features
frames.gif
TIG-welded/bonded, Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum
forks-1.gif
Specialized FACT, Carbon fiber/aluminum steerer, aero crown
gears.gif
20 Speed.Shimano 105 [F].Shimano 105 [R].
shifters.gif
Shimano 105 STI
wheels.gif
Mavic CXP22, 32-hole Rims. Specialized forged alloy [F].Specialized forged alloy [R]. Stainless steel, 14ga. (2.0mm) Spokes.
brakes.gif
Shimano 105 STI levers Levers.Ultralight dual pivot brakes [F].Ultralight dual pivot brakes [R].
crank-set.gif
Shimano Compact, 34/50 teeth crank, Shimano FC-4500 BB, BB Shell Width 68mm, 10-speed, 12 - 27 teeth rear cogs, Shimano 105 chain
extras.gif
Specialized carbon wrapped, 27.2mm diameter Seatpost.700 x 23c Specialized Mondo Sport Tyres.
whats the opinion as oppose to the 2008 i liked the upgrade of the set to 105 for a 50 quid hike in price.. on order now from wheelies they say about a week for them to get it..

lidad66

OP
OP
L

lidad66

new bike for stolen old one

lidad66 said:
have plumped for the specialized allez sport 2009 model looks like a good replacement to me
The Specialized Allez Sport 2009 has the following features
frames.gif
TIG-welded/bonded, Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum
forks-1.gif
Specialized FACT, Carbon fiber/aluminum steerer, aero crown
gears.gif
20 Speed.Shimano 105 [F].Shimano 105 [R].
shifters.gif
Shimano 105 STI
wheels.gif
Mavic CXP22, 32-hole Rims. Specialized forged alloy [F].Specialized forged alloy [R]. Stainless steel, 14ga. (2.0mm) Spokes.
brakes.gif
Shimano 105 STI levers Levers.Ultralight dual pivot brakes [F].Ultralight dual pivot brakes [R].
crank-set.gif
Shimano Compact, 34/50 teeth crank, Shimano FC-4500 BB, BB Shell Width 68mm, 10-speed, 12 - 27 teeth rear cogs, Shimano 105 chain
extras.gif
Specialized carbon wrapped, 27.2mm diameter Seatpost.700 x 23c Specialized Mondo Sport Tyres.
whats the opinion as oppose to the 2008 i liked the upgrade of the set to 105 for a 50 quid hike in price.. on order now from wheelies they say about a week for them to get it..

lidad66

wheelies have rung me and said friday delivery so thats good and the insurance have given me 1oo quid more than i paid for the bike so thats gr8 too..

lidad66

Make sure you check the bike over very carefully when it arrives lidad66.

Oh and when you sign for it write "Not Examined" on the delivery blokes bit of paper. He wont wait around while you go over the bike looking for any damage that may have occurred in transit.

OP
OP
L

lidad66

arrived

it has arrived daughter signed for it as i was at work gonna take off the cardboard when i get back from an appointment to see if any damage u know what couriers are like .. will let u know first impresions on it later..
lidad66

Lardyboy said:
Make sure you check the bike over very carefully when it arrives lidad66.

Oh and when you sign for it write "Not Examined" on the delivery blokes bit of paper. He wont wait around while you go over the bike looking for any damage that may have occurred in transit.

OP
OP
L

lidad66

so far so good

everything seems ok just been down street and back and all seems right
think i should have got the 52 though instead of the 54 but it will be ok
will let u know when i have tested further..than the end of the road that is..

lidad66 said:
it has arrived daughter signed for it as i was at work gonna take off the cardboard when i get back from an appointment to see if any damage u know what couriers are like .. will let u know first impresions on it later..
lidad66

Shaun

Founder
lidad66 said:

Excellent ... there's nothing like the smell and glisten of a new bike.

Let us know what you think of it once you've been out for a proper spin.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

lidad66 said:

Great. Now take it out for a good work out tomorrow and let us know how you got on.

OP
OP
L

lidad66

new bike report

well took the bike out for a spin went 17 miles on it to work and back..

seems very responsive and handles well some slipping of the gears but not bad i suppose they have to stretch and bed in.. seems to ride quicker than the boardman i had riding postiion is nice but i need to extend the seat a bit.. oh and is the freewheel supposed to be so noisy it clicks annoyingly. and seems to stop a bit quick on spinning it .. advice welcome.....
one bad footnote im now in an argument with wheelies didnt really look at the components when the bike arrived foolish i know.. but wheelies have the bike with tottal differant ones than came bike is totally tiagra everything brakes crank front back . but web site has it as 105 sti 105 front and back so now im going to have to argue with them . they are liable to say so what u got it as an insurance replacement but that aint the point . i got it thinking it had 105 stuff and i now have a downgrade kit on it which is very annoying anyone else had a similar problem some time ...

OP
OP
L

lidad66

new bike

web site is http://www.wheelies.co.uk/products-Allez-Sport-2009_19926.htm and they havent changed it yet..

lidad66 said:
well took the bike out for a spin went 17 miles on it to work and back..

seems very responsive and handles well some slipping of the gears but not bad i suppose they have to stretch and bed in.. seems to ride quicker than the boardman i had riding postiion is nice but i need to extend the seat a bit.. oh and is the freewheel supposed to be so noisy it clicks annoyingly. and seems to stop a bit quick on spinning it .. advice welcome.....
one bad footnote im now in an argument with wheelies didnt really look at the components when the bike arrived foolish i know.. but wheelies have the bike with tottal differant ones than came bike is totally tiagra everything brakes crank front back . but web site has it as 105 sti 105 front and back so now im going to have to argue with them . they are liable to say so what u got it as an insurance replacement but that aint the point . i got it thinking it had 105 stuff and i now have a downgrade kit on it which is very annoying anyone else had a similar problem some time ...

Danny

Legendary Member
Legally they should provide you with what was on the website. The fact that you are buying this with money provided by your insurance company is irrelevant.

I think you could reasonably ask them to do one of the following:
a) Provide a replacement bike which is equipped with 105 equipment
;) Provide you with a cash refund for the difference in value between the advertised bike and the one supplied
c) Provide you with some accessories

If you really are unhappy you need to write to them formally as soon as possible telling them that you are rejecting their goods because they are not as specified and asking them what they are prepared to do to rectify the matter.

I would also grab a screenshot of their website as quickly as possible so you have some evidence.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
The fact it is insurance money has nothing to do with it. The website says 105 and it was on this basis you chose the bike.

I would write to them and insist that they provide you with what you ordered and of course in the mean time you should stop riding the current bike.

OP
OP
L

lidad66

wheelies direct

had a call yesterday from them from someone who spoke to my daughter as i wasnt in. they said didnt think that they would do much because of cost of the upgrade it is still on their website as of weds morning imcompetant or what. they said manufacturers can change change spec i said yes they can but my contract is with you not specialized as i bought from you on the spec on the site.. wouldnt have got the 09 without the extra upgrade of the 08 you can pick an 08 up now for around 500 quid from evans selling it off.. they said a manager would call back today . but im going to ring them before i go to work will update with any news on this saga of incompetance...
lidad 66 for 9am news castleford west yorkshire..

OP
OP
L

lidad66

screen shot

first thing i did was screen shot as i thought they would quicky change it but no not wheelies....
lidad66 said:
had a call yesterday from them from someone who spoke to my daughter as i wasnt in. they said didnt think that they would do much because of cost of the upgrade it is still on their website as of weds morning imcompetant or what. they said manufacturers can change change spec i said yes they can but my contract is with you not specialized as i bought from you on the spec on the site.. wouldnt have got the 09 without the extra upgrade of the 08 you can pick an 08 up now for around 500 quid from evans selling it off.. they said a manager would call back today . but im going to ring them before i go to work will update with any news on this saga of incompetance...
lidad 66 for 9am news castleford west yorkshire..

col

Legendary Member
I know this is a very pesimistic view on it,but it did spring to mind.I wonder if they swapped the bits and made a killing off the insurance,what would the difference be?.Just a thought?

Top Bottom