Help me pick the right BB for my bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I bought this BB for my new build which is centred round a Specialized Enduro S-Works 2005 frame.

However, according to the enclosed instructions, it is for road and XC use only.

Can anyone recommend a replacement? it needs to be the same sort of money and suitable for all-mountain work.
I'm not bothered about weight, it just needs to be strong and isis compatible (the cranks are Truativ isis)

djb1971

Legendary Member
Race face evolve?

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Top stuff, thanks Dave ;)

The FR version looks the one for me as the DH will not accept a tripple.
Mind you, I may only end up with two rings anyway, it seems a bit pointless having a large chainring on a heavy, all-mountain bike?

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've also taken the big ring off. It never got used and just got in the way.

WTF are you doing leaving the ground on a bike anyway !! You're getting very adventurous ;)

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
djb1971 said:
I've also taken the big ring off. It never got used and just got in the way.

WTF are you doing leaving the ground on a bike anyway !! You're getting very adventurous :blush:

Woa there, no-one ever mentioned leaving the ground at any point ;)

Actually, I can do very small jumps now, and tiny bunny hops (but clipped in only)

This is me doing my biggest, bestest ever jump and just seconds before violently pummeling myself into the ground :biggrin: :smile:

chris_log_jump.jpg

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
djb1971 said:
truvativ husslefelt or holzfeller, after that you're talking more £££

Thanks Dave, you're an absolute star ;)

djb1971

Legendary Member
Panter said:
This is me doing my biggest, bestest ever jump and just seconds before violently pummeling myself into the ground :smile: :blush:

At least you look the part, and scars earn more points :biggrin:

After that shot did the front wheel violently dip forward followed by you taking an over the bar trip ;)

Looks cool though :biggrin:

GrasB

Veteran
Your other option for handle bars is to get a clamp shim made up. This is what I had to do to get my desired handle bars matted to my hardtail.

Top Bottom