Help Needed Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu_Robertson

I'm currently really enjoying cycling and I'm really motivated but.....

On Saturday I go on holiday and after 2 weeks of lazing around drinking I might not feel quite the same.

I may need some people to get me motivated again.
If you are willing to help, please send me a private message and I'll reply with my email address.
Then on or around 10th August send me an email telling me to get off my lazy @!*e and back on my bike.

Once I'm back I'll create a new post with a list of the most entertaining motivational messages I receive.
Hope you can help
Cheers,
Stu

vickster

Legendary Member
Hire a bike on holiday ;)

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
If you think a mere fortnight pissing it up will rob you of your motivation to pedal, then you would probably be better off trading your bike in for something you might find really exciting and fun, such as a mobility scooter. Pimp it with Halfords checkered go-faster stripes along the sleek bodywork and maybe, if you're feeling really adventurous, fit ape hanger style handlebars and a cissy bar backrest and your motivational problems with getting out on the road will be a thing of the past .Supercool transport and no physical effort required.

MaxInc

Good idea in theory, but we've got 2 small kids - and my wife wants a holiday too.

You can take advantage of that. Get on the bike early in the morning, much nicer than riding in hot sun. You'll join the rest of cyclers and joggers and you'll be back just in time to join the family for breakfast. Nobody will complain ... unless early mornings are not your thing.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not sure that'll work with small kids?! Don't they need to pedal too?

The going out early is a good suggestion. It'll stop you drinking too much in the evening too

Not sure that'll work with small kids?! Don't they need to pedal too?

The going out early is a good suggestion. It'll stop you drinking too much in the evening too

When you put it like that it hardly seems worth the bother.

Top Bottom