help needed please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billym0404

hi, need some help please.

ive stared a problem and having trouble with the rear wheel, i dosnt fit lol i new it would be tight putting a 27.5 wheel in a 26 frame. the Tyre profile is 52, if i can find a profile of 40 or less then it will fit. any sugestions on nobberly tyres with a low profile.

the second option i have is putting a 26 on the rear, but would still have to put a 27.5 on the front. would mixing the sizes cause problems for me. i bough a 7.5 wheel donner bike, but do have a new 26in wheel already.

any help thanks

Ste T.

Guru
This is certainly the quiet neck of the woods.:rolleyes:
I read this on another forum somewhere I hope it's of some use in answering your mixing sizes front and back.

" I can't imagine why not. I know a few years back DH riders ran 26"/24" rims F/R. If anything the slightly larger wheel in front will help you roll over rocks and roots better. As long as the A2C height of the new fork is about the same or slightly less than the old fork you should be fine, since the axle of a 27.5" rim is a touch taller than a 26" rim."

OP
OP
B

billym0404

i sort of got it sorted thanks. i found a 42 slightly tready Tyre that fitted the back. if i want full grip i will ghave to use a 26 inch wheel. but as the plan changed and its got a 1000w rear wheel now that ideas gone. but thanks

Top Bottom