Help - no bike knowledge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Macca527

Firstly, I have no bike knowledge and have joined this forum in the hope of finding a knowledgable helpful community.

My grandfather has recently inherited a Haibike challenge RC (image attached) Google gives very little information on this bike. We are looking to sell the bike to raise funeral funds however do not know where to start.

- what value could we sell this second hand bike for
- would eBay be a good place to sell?
Any advice on selling the bike would be hugely appreciated. I appreciate this may be out of the norm for this forum.

Attachments

• C4F045FF-A873-492F-8D77-610B2DD84076.jpeg
    C4F045FF-A873-492F-8D77-610B2DD84076.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 8
  • E9397E66-84E9-4896-AF9F-E0AAF132021C.jpeg
    E9397E66-84E9-4896-AF9F-E0AAF132021C.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 9

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Macca527 that's not a bike i have heard of , are you uk based ?
What is the spec of the bike ?
Age and useage

OP
OP
M

Macca527

Thank you for replying! We are UK based and the bike was purchased by our uncle who passed away. Google gives very little information about it.

All we can find is that Haibike make new bikes in a high price bracket.

when asking for spec what is important to note? For you, and for selling?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Haibike are a German company, they are big in ebikes, my friend has one of their eMTB’s. They are really well regarded in this market and are particularly popular in mainland Europe.
Non ebikes like yours are not as popular, I know of them but haven’t ever seen one, yours is a 2015 model and would have originally cost around 1700 euros. Yours is a decent spec, full carbon, Mavic Aksium wheels and Ultegra group set.
Try listing it in the ‘for sale’ section on here, you’ll need to specify frame size and your location for collection (or post?) and give lots of good clear close up pics of various parts of your bike so that potential buyers can see spec and establish what condition the various bits and pieces are in.
Unfortunately you’re not going to get anywhere near the original RRP, try starting it at £650 ish see how it goes. There is no shame in dropping the price if you have no takers, test the market.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom