Help Please spine problems!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had major surgery to my spine in the last 5 years which has left me in constant pain L4-5 implants cage around spine , then C4-7 implants plate in front fusion , I have been referred through my Dr ; pain relief clinic to see a consultant to see if I am a suitable for a Neural Spine Stimulater Similer to a TENS machine which is attached to your spine which in simple terms fools the pain signals going to the brain thus reducing the pain considerably. I would be very gratefull to anyone who has had this procedure or knows anything about it, thank you all Neil

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mr P it's a bit more serious than a Tens Machine. I have two of these and the Spine Stimulators are implanted I think.

I found the tens helped, but it was short lived with my shoulder issues at the time.

I can't comment on the proceedure of the exact issues you have, but I suffered from chronic pain for many many years (until they finally agreed to severe the nerve branches that were causing the issues - obviously not possible for yourself), and also saw a pain management clinic which felt awful at the beginning, like they were talkign to a baby, but I stuck at it and it did help. I also had a VHF tens machine for 5 years or more and it was very effective - I just hated removing the sticky pads at the end of the day because they had to be taped on. I think it has been one of the few times I have resorted to waxing. Stay with it, and best wishes.

i am waiting to have the very same surgery and have been told that a Neural Spine Stimulater could be required later on ,the op isnt something im looking forward to , well i am , in the hope of less pain obviously .
at the moment im using fentanyl opoid pain patches(only one more dose increase left to go ),
i hope you dont mind me asking ,what was youre recovery time and how much spinal movement have you lost ...obviously tell me to bugger off if you rather not answer on a public forum ...thanks

OP
OP
neil earley
Its been a minefield roadrash ! originally crushed L4 "HERNIATED DISC"rather than opt for surgery I had course of cortisan injections , nerve blocks etc but never lasted so ended up having 5 procedures due to complications ie crumbling discs so cant really give you a ball park figure on how long your recovery period is going to be ! It depends on you general health , age etc and also your consultant on what procedure he decides on . My only advice is to talk at length with you consultant and GP , There is no majic cure but I am hoping that the neural spine stimulator which can reduce my pain dramatically and give me hopefully a better quality of life. I wish you well whatever you decide , neil

Top Bottom