Help please to identify and value a Carbondale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

boywonder88

Looks like it's been well looked after.
It's a bit dusty, with a few scrapes on the bar ends but generally really good.
He was a fastidious man who took his cycling seriously.
There is also a Dawes "Back Streets on off road" that I am struggling to find a price comparison on.
I have also just been informed there is another bike at his partners house that I need to collect at the weekend so I'll probably be back here next week begging for info again.

raggydoll

Über Member
If you are selling you should be completely honest in the advert.
You can't say with 100% certainty that it is that specific model (looks to be though) or that it is that particular year.

I'm sure buyers would be happier you saying that you think it is x,y,z etc rather than saying for sure that it is x,y,z.

Simply to avoid the buyer accusing you of miss selling the bike further down the road! 👍

Try to list the names/levels of the components.
Looks to be a triple (3 chainrings).
The speed will be the number of chainrings (3) multiplied by the number of sprockets on the cassette (on the rear wheel).
If it is the same as the link then it will be 24 speed (3x 8).

Count the cassette to make sure though.

It's a bit dusty, with a few scrapes on the bar ends but generally really good.
He was a fastidious man who took his cycling seriously.
There is also a Dawes "Back Streets on off road" that I am struggling to find a price comparison on.
I have also just been informed there is another bike at his partners house that I need to collect at the weekend so I'll probably be back here next week begging for info again.
Hope the bikes go to a good home, he would have wanted that.

raggydoll

Über Member
Bar ends always get scratched up from leaning on walls etc.
The actual bike looks to be in good form.

Looks quite stealth in the black too.

Also, sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
B

boywonder88

If you are selling you should be completely honest in the advert.
You can't say with 100% certainty that it is that specific model (looks to be though) or that it is that particular year.

I'm sure buyers would be happier you saying that you think it is x,y,z etc rather than saying for sure that it is x,y,z.

Simply to avoid the buyer accusing you of miss selling the bike further down the road! 👍

Try to list the names/levels of the components.
Looks to be a triple (3 chainrings).
The speed will be the number of chainrings (3) multiplied by the number of sprockets on the cassette (on the rear wheel).
If it is the same as the link then it will be 24 speed (3x 8).

Count the cassette to make sure though.
I am always as honest as I can be when selling anything, as I would hope others would be.
I have checked some of the spec and the rear derailleur matches that of the bad boy 9.
I will try to get some sort of confirmation of the serial number before selling.

OP
OP
B

boywonder88

Bar ends always get scratched up from leaning on walls etc.
The actual bike looks to be in good form.

Looks quite stealth in the black too.

Also, sorry for your loss.
On the first review on the link the guy said he bought it partly because of its stealthy look.
Thank you for your kind words, however I didn't know him, he was my step fathers cousin. I apparently met him once about 20 years ago.

OP
OP
B

boywonder88

Thank you all for your help.
Nice people with good knowledge.
I however prefer my two wheels to have at least 1000cc between them.

raggydoll

Über Member
You're very welcome!

You should take it a little spin.
You never know ...you might end up selling g the motorbike and keeping the bike!

Yeah right!:laugh:

OP
OP
B

boywonder88

You're very welcome!

You should take it a little spin.
You never know ...you might end up selling g the motorbike and keeping the bike!

Yeah right!:laugh:
I do own a mountain bike, one that I'm sure you would all have a good chuckle at that I bought from go outdoors.
Owned it 5 years and ridden it twice.

vickster

Legendary Member
See what those sell for on eBay but £400 sounds about right in the current 'hot' market for the rigid forked models

Top Bottom