Help: Shed security?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turtle Dude

Finally got a shed to keep my bikes in - anyone recommend an alarm system, remote keyfob or code entry, that will work on batteries as there is no power in the shed (which is probably a good thing to stop them bringing power tools to cut the locks)?

Put in a cheap one from Argos. Nobody pays any attention to alarms anyway.

Then..... put ship bolts in all hinges and both parts of hasps and bolts (so they can't simply unscrew them). Take the window out and put in a new frame (again ship bolted) and put in wired glass on the outside and un breakable plastic on the inside. Put an anchor point in the sheds concrete base.

If they can get the bike after all that then good luck to them - and at least the insurance company can't say you didn't try!!! Realistically they'll just move onto an easier target though!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can get the infra red sensor alarm units for about £20. But it's only anygood if you are in earshot. Make sure the general security of the shed is increased like above.

Having been subject to a recent attempted garage break in, I was glad my security stopped the buggers getting in.

Top Bottom