Help: tektro hy rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
For the past two weeks I've been struggling with the HYRD front brake - just kept rubbing. Finally got the time to take the old pads off (and one arm of the spring had snapped by the looks of it) but I still get rubbing. No matter what I do.
Press down brake lever and adjust calipers - check.
Push back piston heads - check
Make sure there's no give on wheel - check.
Check rotor - check
Check dirt build up- check

Help I'm running out of ideas!!! Does it need a bleed, it's only a couple of months old?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Exactly how did you do the calliper adjustment?

I don't remember anything to do with pushing back piston heads on my HYRD brake - how/why did you do that?

lpretro1

if they are rubbing then it has nothing to do with bleeding them. Bleeding just removes any air in a system. You need to let the pads bed in or re-bed in whenever you tiddle about with them like that. Just go out and ride and do some good hard stops and let them settle - a little bit of rubbing is not ususual until you do bed them in. Check that the caliper is siting centrally over the rotor and that both pistons are coming out equally. Squeeze the brake on and look to see if the rotor is being deflected to one side or another. Adjust the side that is coming over too much.Then go out and ride and use the brake and don't fiddle about with it

e-rider

crappy member
I suspect that your main problem is that you have tektro brakes - I've had two bikes with tektro brakes and they were both rubbish (brakes)

Top Bottom