Help to ID this one please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Need some help please guys trying to put an id on this frameset .

Looks to have V842 on the bottom bracket the forks are just a spare pr , the only person i can think of that might use a V is Vernon Baker ?

Rear drop outs are 125.3 mm and campagnola with holes for micro adjusters looks to take a 27.2 post although forgot to try one rear brake is allen key type .

Stickered as 531 pro

100_6421.jpg
100_6422.jpg
100_6414.jpg
100_6415.jpg
100_6416.jpg
100_6418.jpg
100_6420.jpg
100_6420.jpg

midlife

Guru
Forks look like fully sloping Cinelli like the one on the right....

Cinelli_Davis_crowns_medium.jpg

The more modern waisted version which are more in keeping with the frame are on the left.

Shaun

midlife

Guru
Can't help with the frame much as it's after my time but the only "V" that I can think of was / is Vernon Baker who I think still makes frames......... Are you selling the forks?

Shaun

midlife

Guru
Is it an English bottom bracket or 70mm Italian. The slightly fluted seat stays remind me of Pistoia..........

Shaun

midlife

Guru
@midlife i have spent ages tonight trying to find info on Pistoia , cant even find a picture of a head badge infact all i have found out is that its a region of Italy

Sorry.............It's a region of Italy where a few bike frame makers started including Viner, which is one of the only frame makers I could think of that begins with a "V".

Shaun

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well measured the bottom bracket and its as close to 68mm as you will get.

Takes a 27.2 seat post and is a 23 1/2" centre to centre and 22 1/2" along the top.

And does this shadow on the head stock help anyone to I d it ?

WP_20160726_005.jpg

Top Bottom