Help Wanted- Kask Vertigo Road Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GJT

Über Member
Hoping some kind person on here can help... I had planned to go to Cycle Surgery in Manchester tomorrow to try the Vertigo in medium size in light of the £65 off Kask offer. I didn't want to buy online without trying on first. They had a couple in stock on Friday, but just checked now and they have gone.

Does anyone know of any Kask stockists in Manchester/Bury/Bolton/Burnley etc area? I know Evans don't hold stock.

Failing that, does anyone own a medium one, so that I could call round and try on?

MrWill

Wiggle or Chainreaction... free returns.

I found all kasks have a poor fit. Specialized ones seemed to be the best fit wise for me.

OP
OP
G

GJT

Über Member
Thanks for the info on free returns. Guess it's down to the individual- a lot of people have said it's the comfiest helmet they have ever had.
I would rather try on in a shop if possible, and then I I could try a Specialized too.

vickster

Legendary Member
I tried on loads, including the Kask. It fitted ok but the vents were too big and I didn't like the way it sat over my hair, nor could I justify £120. I ended up with a Uvex Boss Race, very happy for £50

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
I bought my Kask earlier this year from Wiggle. I had previously tried one on - but couldn't justify the cost at the time.
In my opinion it's the comfiest helmet I've owned and it's so light that I'm not aware that I'm even wearing it - even after a really long ride.

Mine is Mojito not the Vertigo

OP
OP
G

GJT

Über Member
I went to Cycle Surgery with intention of trying a Mojito on, to at least give me an idea of the fit.
I saw a solitary white Vertigo there after all!
Tried it on and it fitted like a glove- ordered one in black for home delivery :smile:

adamhearn

Veteran
I don't think Wiggle are supporting the £65 discount (there was a Q&A on the subject when I checked a few days back).

judder

Think Royles in Wilmslow stock them. Might even price match...+vote for the kask vertigo very comfy...

adamhearn

Veteran
I couldn't hold out any longer - it's a chunk of change but the [not so L]BS had a couple of colours in stock so they held one back for me to try. A medium fitted comfotably and was a good fit for my head so the deal was done on a black/lime.

Top Bottom