help which model is this eddy merckx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Maybe the Reynolds tubing sticker was removed as it was applied erroneously. I don't recall ever seeing an Eddy Merckx frame in 531.

midlife

Guru
Several Falcon Eddy Mercx frames came in 531 flavour. ..........

falconad_eddy_page01_800.jpg

falconad_eddy_page02_800.jpg

Shaun

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's interesting, I didn't know they were made by Falcon. Accounts for the fact I've seen so many in the UK. Do you know who made them in Europe? The OPs looks more continental to me.

midlife

Guru
As far as I know the other licensed producer (apart from Falcon) were Kessels. they produced a few different frames with his name on..........some were very good and looks like the OP's but some were absolute shockers.

A quick google should show them up. However the Kessels frames had a "K" plus letters / numbers underneath which is pretty clear.

Shaun

OP
OP
G

gjores

hello

thanks everybody for your replies
I will clean the bike up and post a finished photo

gary

sanddancer

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would just resurrect this one.
having bought a defy 1 and subsequently a triban 500 my mtb and hybrid have been gathering dust and my Raleigh pursuit was given away. I was considering asking for the raliegh back to strip and rebuild then got thinking of my first road bike.
I had outgrown my Raleigh trendsetter and desperate for a new bike. It had to be a racer :biggrin:
money was tight in the late 70's but one Christmas around the age of 9/10 I became the proud owner of something very like this.
eddy_merckx_ce_1.jpeg

It was too big and second hand although very good condition.
i ended up loving the bike and went everywhere on it until i was about 14/15 when another Christmas I was bought a brand new blue eddy merckx about 1981 my father used my old one for work.
The new one was much heavier And not as good .
googling that picture brought memories flooding back :biggrin:
theres one on ebay with a starting bid of £100 or bin of £500 :ohmy:

having read there were different levels of quality, i'm not sure where mine fell but i will keep a look out for a cheap frame as a hobby build :smile:

apologies if that is someones bike i have google imaged and also for the boringly long post :biggrin:

Top Bottom