Help with choosing an electric bike please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
That's a little surprise that you had to work hard to match a standard bike you going flat. An extra 250-300W should have reduced your effort significantly to match your best time.

My wife's bike will peak at 500W assist ontop of her 150W, she sails up hills which take 1 minute or more. I dont stand a chance.

gzoom

Über Member
^The Fauza system doesn't output a continuous 250watts, if it did the battery would be dead in less than 30 miles of rolling terrain.

It's not clearly not been designed to be a throttle or even mainly electric drive systems, its very much a throttle assistance.

Taking 30 seconds off the unassisted climb time isn't too shabby either. As I've mentioned having the Boardman even get close to my carbon road bike on a 14% gradient climb was a surprise to me.

Last edited:

gzoom

Über Member
The Canyon range of eBikes is really interesting, they go from using the Fazua system, to Shimano, to Borsche.

Clearly its the matter of choosing the right eBike and motor for your needs, and all our needs are different.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/e-bikes/

Love the look of their new hybrid with intergrated stem and aggressive setup. If they did that with a carbon frame and Fazua motor.....

Top Bottom