Help with cycle pants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brenick17

Hey all,

I don't know if there is such a thing but I'm looking for some cycle pants/bottoms that are full length, not tights, but have some sort of design that prevents them catching on the chain such as elastic on lower leg or something.

I'm not comfortable wearing tights on all journeys and I've tried trouser clips but they don't always work 100%.

At the moment in tucking into my socks but if there is something on the market I would love to know.

Thanks

andyfraser

Über Member
If the weather's nice enough I have been know to wear 3/4 length baggy shorts to avoid getting caught in the chain. I had the same problem with clips so bought some proper cycling longs (tights) and just don't care if I look stupid. If I'm just going to the shops or into town I ride my fixed gear bike with tightish jogging bottoms and don't have a problem with that combination.

winjim

Smash the cistern
There is, I have some for sale in the classifieds. Chino type with poppers in the ankles. Unfortunately as a new member you are probably unable to view them. What size are you?

OP
OP
Brenick17

Brenick17

There is, I have some for sale in the classifieds. Chino type with poppers in the ankles. Unfortunately as a new member you are probably unable to view them. What size are you?

S or XS probably. 28-30 waist and average leg length. Now you see why I have problems with baggy clothes haha

OP
OP
Brenick17

Brenick17

If the weather's nice enough I have been know to wear 3/4 length baggy shorts to avoid getting caught in the chain. I had the same problem with clips so bought some proper cycling longs (tights) and just don't care if I look stupid. If I'm just going to the shops or into town I ride my fixed gear bike with tightish jogging bottoms and don't have a problem with that combination.

Unfortunately can't afford a second bike at the moment haha, but thanks for the tip on the 3/4 definatley an option in nicer weather

snorri

Legendary Member
I've tried trouser clips but they don't always work 100%.

:eek: :surrender:

Marks and Spencers sell (or were selling) cycling specific trousers with press studs in the hem which have the effect of tightening the trouser legs round the ankles. The press studs are invisible in normal use, being on the inside. When the hem is turned up an inch or so to clip the press stud a strip of reflective tape is exposed for night cycling, also flaps on the back pockets can be "flapped" to expose more reflective tape.
The trousers are a good cut for cycling, sufficiently baggy, but I still find my trusty old trouser clips easier to deploy and 100% effective in keeping oil off the trousers.:smile:

winjim

Smash the cistern
S or XS probably. 28-30 waist and average leg length. Now you see why I have problems with baggy clothes haha
These might fit you then. They're 30" with a shortish leg.

@Shaun @Moderators would it be possible to make my trouser post in classifieds visible to @Brenick17 ? Or permissable for me to show them to him via this thread? They've been on the classifieds for a while and nobody else seems to want them.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Slap wraps work for me on some trousers where clips slip down. Or the old faithful "sock tuck"

Shaun

Founder

winjim

Smash the cistern
He can already see them - it is posting that is limited for new members - the thread is here:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/union-34-elements-commuter-trousers-size-30r.170347/
Cheers Shaun, I thought the whole subforum was invisible.

@Brenick17 if you want to try these trousers they're yours. Don't worry about the £10, for a modest charity donation you can have them. There are probably better more comfortable examples (eg Rapha £££) but these might be worth a go. :okay:

Top Bottom