Help with diagnosis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emanresu

I asked AI to show the 'real' me.
S-i-l has a Rayleigh ebike (not sure of the model) from Halfords on a salary sacrifice scheme. It's been a problem since the start and is always back to Halfords for fixing. This time it is an intermittent fault where she cycles for a while and the assistance cuts out. Battery is fine but it seems to point to a component failure - but which one. Anyone have a fault chart for these models?
 

classic33

Leg End Member
 
Location
Widnes
Possibly sensor issue or an intermittent connection ; Presume that Halfords have the diagnostic kit for i(think a lot of Raleigh e-bikes use Bosch).

Some do some don;t - although my knowledge might be a bit out of date

but when I had a Raleigh they manufacturers were very good at dealing with it

Of course - having Halford as an intermediary migth cause problems

but if it has been back and forth several times - or more - then I would be returning it as not fit for purpose and demand a refund or replacement
my Raleigh has certainly lasted very well once Raleigh sorted out the initial problem

if in doubt - contact Raleigh as well as Halfords - but the retailer has the responsibility to fix it as the contract is with them
 
OP
OP
Emanresu

Emanresu

I asked AI to show the 'real' me.
AFAIK the bike is 2-3 years old so it may be out of warranty. If there is manufacturer support I may try that if someone has contact details.
 
Location
Widnes
If you have a paper trail of the times it has been back then you still have some leverage with Halfords

They may not easily replace it but it might be enough to make them take it seriously

based on my experience with them the number of properly experienced bike mechanics they have if limited
and in some cases they have to go to different shop in the area for serious stuff

So if you put some pressure on them they might decided they better ring Fred from down the road

or you could send a complaint to Head Office

Good Luck
 

classic33

Leg End Member
AFAIK the bike is 2-3 years old so it may be out of warranty. If there is manufacturer support I may try that if someone has contact details.
e-mail: hello@raleighbicycles.com
However, on going to their website, I got this.
Screenshot_20260930-182152.png
 
Top Bottom