Help with Freecycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I signed up with Freecycle today and got rid of 6 large paving slabs. I could not believe how quickly they went, and have had about a dozen emails.

What I cannot understand is how to change the post to say they have gone. I was told to put a new post to say TAKEN and the name of the item. How does this stop the orginal posting from appearing, or doesn't it, and if it doesn't, does that not mean people will still keep asking me if they are available?

Any other help or hints would also be welcome

J

Edit your original post and change the OFFER to TAKEN.

Night Train

Maker of Things
It doesn't stop your original 'Offer' going out but it will be followed by a 'Taken'.

Those who get individual emails will have go the 'Offer' almost straight away and then the 'Taken' later. Those who get the bulletins will probably get both on the same bulletin.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You were lucky to be able to enrol and get rid of your goodies in one day. It's taken two days to be enrolled and my offering is awaiting moderation before being listed. It seems to be a lot slower than it used to be here in Leeds.

colly

Re member eR
I don't think you can edit your original post.

I just post another with the same title but start it with ''taken''. People get the message.

I use Freecycle a good bit for getting rid of odds and ends, even some quite good stuff. The biggest problem is tossers who say they want something and never bother to call for it or keep texting saying they are going to call but never do.;)

Last time I put something up I just said 'first to reply gets it' and when I do get an e mail or a phone call I let them know if they don't collect when they say they will it will go to the next on the list.

You send a 2nd e-mail to say TAKEN.

When you get sent the updates you see an offer, then scroll up to see if it has been taken.

By the by, you may not want to dish out your items to the first responder. I'm sure some people make a business out of selling stuff on or trying to get first bags and then deciding whether to sollect it or not. You can also find you give something away and then you get a right [genuine] tearjerker of an e-mail and you wish you still had the item to give.

It is a right good service tho'.

Top Bottom