Help with setup of handle bars on hybrid bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nellystew

Hi

I've bought a Giant CRS4 from Wiggle as my first bike in about 20 years
wacko.gif

I've got to fit the handle bars myself but am not sure of what angle they need to be fitted.
The grips are not the standard round ones but have slight "sticky out bits" (v technical there!) on the side facing me, shifters are EZ Fire.

I know it's probably a "whatever suits me" kinda thing, but any help on where it's best to start with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Neil

I'm guessing you are meaning the profile of the grips they are shaped like that to give you more comfort, generally the pointy bit (for lack of a better term) is pointed towards the rider so that when they are on the bike their palm meets the grips on a flat surface. Try Googling some images of the bike to get a better idea, here's one for starters:

CRS_4.0.jpg

The exact position is rider specific.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
N

nellystew

I'm guessing you are meaning the profile of the grips they are shaped like that to give you more comfort, generally the pointy bit (for lack of a better term) is pointed towards the rider so that when they are on the bike their palm meets the grips on a flat surface. Try Googling some images of the bike to get a better idea, here's one for starters:

CRS_4.0.jpg

The exact position is rider specific.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the pic.

Having looked at that and others, the bars themselves, the shifters and the brake levers should be facing down at an angle of 45deg or so?

Top Bottom