Help with some graphics for a cycling/touring website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
I have taken it upon myself to create a website that will, hopefully, be the definitive source of information for cyclists riding the "End to End" .. in whichever flavour : LEJOG, JOGLE or the other corner to corner options.

I would really like some help with this ... I'm good on ideas but not graphics! If you want to contribute that would great.

What I need is a suitable graphic that will be the header for the whole site - including the words : Cycle : End-to-End UK

The content will comprise the stories of past end-to-enders (as was on the Ultimate Links website), information and links to sources that will help riders ... and other things too ... possibly a discussion forum in due course. Lots of ideas, and it's in progress!

The core website is already being developed using the Joomla CMS - I have selected a template that has a dark-ish grey theme. I am planning to have the site, in a basic form, live at Easter 2009

Size for the header graphic is : 956 x 118 pixels in a format that can be opened with a PC, final file will be a .png at 96 pixels per inch.

Just to make it all clear :

There is no money involved - this is a hobby site, putting something back into cycling (I've done JOGLE and plan to do LEJOG in 2010).
There would be no "rights" as far as the graphic is concerned ... BUT there would of course be an acknowledgement of the contributor, and if he/she so desired a link to their website.
If I get more than one contribution (I hope I do) then I reserve the right to either make the final selection, or more probably, shortlist about 5 and then publish them, seeking votes from cyclists.

If you want a screengrab of the template then PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send it.

Thanks

Rob

jags

Guru
this sounds fantastic, the very best of luck with it sounds like a lot of hard work.
one thing please keep it simple ,it's always best.

Top Bottom