Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Blimey I certainly feel pilloried for this post, that is for sure.

I was not after what maybe or maybe not, just a plain piece of evidence where maybe a doctor/surgeon had said something along the lines I asked for.

If I asked him to report back here he would likely get bombarded with rotational theory and the suchlike, the guy is a none cyclist I would hate for him to find that most of us are the nutters they think we are.

Nantmor

Blimey I certainly feel pilloried for this post, that is for sure.

I was not after what maybe or maybe not, just a plain piece of evidence where maybe a doctor/surgeon had said something along the lines I asked for.

If I asked him to report back here he would likely get bombarded with rotational theory and the suchlike, the guy is a none cyclist I would hate for him to find that most of us are the nutters they think we are.
You feel pilloried? How exactly? Did anyone call you a nutter?
You have clarified what sort of evidence you would call legitimate. Why do you think a medical qualification and experience gives any expertise in accident prevention or mitigation?

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
All cyclists are nutters, it is a well known fact among those who do not cycle.

I am not going to be the one who calls it legitimate or not, I was just hoping one of you bright guys might have see a decent article that said, Mr Blogs was hurt because he had a helmet on whilst cycling. That was all, nothing sinister, no ulterior motive, nothing between the lines.

Paranoia seems to be running wild with the anti helmet guys, chill.

Nantmor

All cyclists are nutters, it is a well known fact among those who do not cycle.

I am not going to be the one who calls it legitimate or not, I was just hoping one of you bright guys might have see a decent article that said, Mr Blogs was hurt because he had a helmet on whilst cycling. That was all, nothing sinister, no ulterior motive, nothing between the lines.

Disingenuous as all your posts in this thread have been.
just a plain piece of evidence where maybe a doctor/surgeon had said something along the lines I asked for.
That is what I was referring to.

thelawnet

There is no paranoia, however you claimed to be performing serious research, but then replied with numerous snide posts such as 'Still nothing then, that comes as no suprise to this helmet wearer.'

Which does tend to lead one to the conclusion that you are just cheerleading for helmet wearing.

Which is fine, but be upfront about it....

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
I suppose it did look that way, I could certainly have worded it better. I guess I was just hoping, fingers crossed and all that stuff that one of the anti wearing guys might be able to come up with something, which it seems they are not able to.

I did say a couple of times that I do not care if you wear a helmet or not, that is your personal choice.

snorri

Legendary Member
Anti-helmet? You have seen posts on here criticising others who wear helmets? There have been people telling us in fairly strong, even insulting terms, to wear helmets, but I have yet to see posts in similar terms critical of those who choose to wear helmets.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
So that lot proves you should not wear a helmet and play on swings or climb out of windows.

Please answer this question properly as it is for a project that a friends son is working on, I do not give a monkeys if you wear a helmet or not. Just give me some properly thought out documented proof of somebody getting killed or badly hurt because they wore a helmet whilst cycling.

Funny you would have thought that there would be lots of incidents about, seeing as how so many people say they do not work, I have spent quite a while looking and you lot were a last resort.

Make up your mind * !

DO you want evidence of the fact that they don't work or that they can cause injuries?

* I have a feeling you have already made up your mind about something and you are trying to reverse the burden of proof.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
LYB, is this difficult to understand? if it is I will try and put it another way.

Can somebody please point me to PROOF! of an incident where a person actually died, or was more seriously injured through wearing a helmet.

Also thank you for that link, it was put up earlier in the post, I was however hoping for something cycling related. Seeing as this is a cycling forum.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
I would have thought it easier to prove a helmet injured than one saved, there again I am certainly no expert on the subject.

It is beginning to feel there is a complete lack of evidence to support some theories about helmets.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I wore a Helmet about three years back once as the weather was so poor and really dark. I was only going to the shops. Car pulled out on me en-route and I wrote the car off with my head / helmet

The accident wasnt my fault and won the case outright. Made me think, do helmets attract accidents ?

Never wore a helmet since. Gave it my daughter.

As others say. Why dont you wear a helmet driving a car, racing drivers do and they have extra protection with modified cars for higher impacts, how many lives would be saved if car drivers wore helmets ?

lukesdad

I wore a Helmet about three years back once as the weather was so poor and really dark. I was only going to the shops. Car pulled out on me en-route and I wrote the car off with my head / helmet

The accident wasnt my fault and won the case outright. Made me think, do helmets attract accidents ?

Never wore a helmet since. Gave it my daughter.

As others say. Why dont you wear a helmet driving a car, racing drivers do and they have extra protection with modified cars for higher impacts, how many lives would be saved if car drivers wore helmets ?
You gave it to your daughter :ohmy:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I would have thought it easier to prove a helmet injured than one saved, there again I am certainly no expert on the subject.

It is beginning to feel there is a complete lack of evidence to support some theories about helmets.

There's a complete lack of evidence that helmets protect against serious head injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom