help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I went into the locker room at work and found my bike flat on the floor and the lugs where the bottle cage goes have both snapped off completely leaving two nasty looking holes in my frame. Any way of fixing this as it looks awful.

The bike is a spesh roubaix. (carbon frame)

yorkshiregoth said:
I went into the locker room at work and found my bike flat on the floor and the lugs where the bottle cage goes have both snapped off completely leaving two nasty looking holes in my frame. Any way of fixing this as it looks awful.

The bike is a spesh roubaix. (carbon frame)
That's terrible YG.

Off the top of my head, how about a squirt of expanding polyeurethane foam - not too much - to give a backfill to the tubing. Let it expand out of the hole and 'dry'. stick plenty of masking tape and protection around the tubing as it will stick to and ruin everything it touches...seat tube in horizontal position, holes facing upwards...
After it is dry, gouge out a hole sized piece and fill with polyurethane adhesive and set the bottle holder, complete with screws and frame mounts back into the holes. If it's rapid setting you will be able to remove the scews and cage, leaving the mounts in place. Dry adhesive can be pared away with a scalpel or sharp knife and any marks touched in to match the frame colours.
Don't really know about the strength issue - perhaps a picture or two might help...it must have happened somewhere before.
Bad luck.

Top Bottom