England : London Hendon/Barnet Riders/Club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mallory

Help :excl:

I'm trying to get my cycling mojo back (and KM in my legs) but find it very hard to keep motivated, especially as i'm a solo rider :surrender:

I have some clubs/rides before but they are either too far away or have a long cafe stop as part of their club ride. I don't like cafe stops because i cannot eat due to IBS problems and secondly I cool down very quickly and find it near impossible to get back up to speed after a long stop. A quickie 5/10 minute drink,gel,p fairy stop is fine but any longer and i'm buggered for the rest of the ride.

I'm located in Hendon and am looking for either a club or riders that go out via Barnet/Ridge for rides into Herts. Ideally a steady ride without a cafe stop. I usually ride upto and around ridge/deeves hall lane and would like to venture further out, Essendon Hill area and alike.

My avg speed is only at around 22-26kph at present as not much km in the legs over the winter.

So if any riders out there that know of such a club/ride or even wouldn't mind an extra rider/lantern rouge let us know. Thanks :highfive:

Lee_M

Guru
I wish I could describe my average as 'only' 26kph, since Its all I can do to keep it around 15mph

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I think you may struggle to find a club that doesn't do cafe stops. Can't you just do a cpl of miles down the road and back, while the others are in the cafe?

OP
OP
M

Mallory

I ride round essenden way ~(when I eventually get back out there) - I couldn't keep up that that pace on the hills though

OMG!!! Nor do i once i hit hills. I could have re-worded my post a bit better LOL

Once i hit hills my avg goes down........... rapidly :whistle:

OMG!!! Nor do i once i hit hills. I could have re-worded my post a bit better LOL

Once i hit hills my avg goes down........... rapidly :whistle:

ah excellent. I'm in Crews hill at the moment but shortly moving to hatfield. Once I'm settled I'd be up for some rides, I know a few 30 ish mile loops that are quite decent and could probably persuade a few others to come along. Needs to warm up a bit first though!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I ride out from Barnet with Phil K on sundays when I am not working, you are quite welcome to join us, We do around 30-40 miles normally. We know most of the lanes around Essendon/ Hertford/Brookmans Park/ Welham Green/ St Albans areas

OP
OP
M

Mallory

I ride out from Barnet with Phil K on sundays when I am not working, you are quite welcome to join us, We do around 30-40 miles normally. We know most of the lanes around Essendon/ Hertford/Brookmans Park/ Welham Green/ St Albans areas

Maybe be able to meet up some time in march

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

Maybe be able to meet up some time in march

I'll PM you when we are going. It might be early April when I next have a sunday off though. Maybe Becs would like to join in, It would almost be like a "real" bike club. There are a few other forumers who live nearby as well who might like to come along.

Top Bottom