Henriettas 11-speed conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member

First 11-speed setup with the 60T chainring on the Campagnolo Centaur Carbon Compact crankset... weirdly nearly all of this is likely to get replaced except for the rim and spokes... there's a titanium triangle coming and a black version of the hub, plus I have a Chorus Carbon Compact crankset to go in there.... I'm even trying to hunt down a Chris King or Phil Wood bottom bracket for her.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member

Fully folded.... You need to be careful putting the front wheel into place as there isn't much clearance between when the hook is off the frame befoe it fouls on that massive chainring... The 60T gives me 3 gears under the original 3, 3 above the original 3 and 5 covering the range of the original 3 with closer ratios... For touring I might well drop it down to a Doval 52T as I won't need the higher gears though another ratio lower might be handy....

reppans

Wow, nice! What gear inch range do you have now?

Can I ask where you got those "EZ wheel" things? I'm looking for something with more diameter and cushioning for smoother rolling on rough surfaces, yet thinner and less weight than skate wheels.

Lastly, have to you considered rigging a drop bar position on your M bars? Gives me a noticeable difference on my flat straight speed (based on ability to maintain a higher gear), and more comfort just by offering an additional riding/grip position.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Henrietta is an H type, my back and knees aren't interested in hunching over when doing normal things, I might try playing around with different bar setups on Francesca, the n+1

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
....I'm even trying to hunt down a Chris King or Phil Wood bottom bracket for her.

Have just managed to buy a Chris King bottom bracket....

Last edited:
OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
She now has her matching front wheel... We're waiting on a Chris King headset to arrive and then she'll get the titanium fork and a decent front guard...

Attachments

• IMG_20170128_085504.jpg
    IMG_20170128_085504.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Also the crankset and BB will come out soon, I picked up a S/H Chris King BB and will be fitting a Shimano Alfine crank to match the rear hub... The Campy bits will end up on n+2, an as yet unnamed Brompton fixer-upper, the Chorus Carbon that I was thinking about putting on will now go on n+1, a short-wheelbase destined to be an 8-speed lightweight.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
In a slight change of direction for Henrietta I've picked up an FSA carbon crankset, the Alfine one was a boat anchor. The path Francesca is taking has been decided, Celeste paintwork, Campagnolo group set, 8-speed Sturmey hub, Kuosac 25-349 tyres, Cinelli drop bars.... There is now a third Brommie in the house, a slightly damaged M3L that will be converted to an M3R with the original rack and hub dynamo lighting kit from Henrietta.

Top Bottom