Her very first 'Minder'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

The Likely Lads.... a history lesson. Contemporary history in the fullest sense of the words.
The beginning of end of full employment and a new word to add to the economics dictionary.....stagflation. Well that came a bit later but none the less, a lesson on how life can change very quickly. Suddenly you have witnessed history And you only found out afterwards!

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Hmmm.... interesting. How old is she?

My 12 year old is really into 80's comedy at the minute. He's got box sets of Only Fools and Horses and mentioned to me that he'd been watching Allo Allo at his Granny's house.
She's 15, so raised on an internet diet of The Wire, Breaking Bad and any movie she wants to see, whenever she feels like it. She's working her way thru' Parks & Recreation at the moment. I've tried to explain about only three channels and generally nothing but wall to wall dross on any of them, which is why things like Minder and The Sweeney stood out as gems in the murk...but I might as well have been talking Tharg. Compromise, making allowances...these things are simply not in her experience.

Top Bottom