Hercules Aston Tourist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just back from collecting this 1955 Hercules Aston Tourist .

IMG_20181002_200134002.jpg

Full original spec ie 3 speed dynamo rear AG hub and working lights and green Hercules pump .

IMG_20181002_200143997.jpg

Reynolds 531 frame and clean paint apart from chain guard .

IMG_20181002_200348143.jpg

IMG_20181002_200217763.jpg

Apart from some damage to the guard's and one buckle missing from the saddle bag and a slight buckle / flat spot on the rear wheel it looks good .

Last edited:

nonowt

Über Member
Nice! I had an Aston Club, it's sportier cousin.

I would have kept it had it been even close to being my size.

Attachments

• 20170205_112946.jpg
    20170205_112946.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 97

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
To my eyes, that looks like someone's going to work on bike, and if that's what it was used for, they must have been pretty keen to have paid for a 531 frame. Just look at the size of the saddlebag, it would give modern roadies a heart attack, plus having full mudguards!
Did it come from the original owner by any chance? Bits like pumps and lights always seem to go AWOL when a bike has been through multiple hands.
No Lycra or any other modern cycling garb allowed when riding something like this - it's against the law!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice Martin. You could get a small child in that saddle bag.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well another circuit of local block completed minus the chain guard as the drive side crank was catching on it due to an incorrectly fitted bracket and it's a lot quieter now .

Also ran a screwdriver around the base of the crank teeth and took about a kilo of old grease and crud off it .

Also spotted a 3 speed hubbed 27" wheel in the garage ^_^ so will be doing a dry fit of that hopefully over the weekend then the fun can begin

Top Bottom