Hercules balmoral paint colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ed walsh

Hi all
I recently bought a Hercules balmoral bike for my partner as a surprise. The owner of the bike said the paint colour was British racing green but my local bike shop it's balmoral green. Does anyone know which colour it is and where to recommend to buy some paint to touch up a bit of rust from its30 years of use. Halfords have both colours but lots of varieties depending on car make and model.

AndyRM

XOXO
Do you have any pictures?

A bit of a hunt around the web turned this up: http://i.pbase.com/o2/42/534842/1/112838263.bTIEF3sV.HerculesBalmoral.jpg

Assuming that's the original colour, it's not British Racing Green, there's too much yellow in it.

May be worth taking it to your LBS and seeing if they could colour match? Depending on your budget, you could always have it stripped and re-sprayed?

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
BRG and BG mean different things to different companies, so you won't be able to order one off the shelf by the name alone: you'll need to match it by eye.

A paint factor would be able to mix some to match, but the cost may be prohibitive. Depending on how much needs touching-up and how obvious it is, Humbrol model paints or Halfords etc may be a better bet.

OP
OP
Ed walsh

Ed walsh

I have tried a couple of small humbrol pots but no joy yet. I have some photos but haven't figured out how to add them to a message yet? There are a few small bit that need touching up that you could see from the pics. Thanks for the advice so far guys. Much appreciated

Glenn

Veteran
This colour?

$T2eC16RHJGsFFMmSm84tBRWK)eCfMw~~60_1.JPG

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Here is the cycle as it appears in the 74/5 Raleigh Catalogue. AS you can see some pretty groovy people rode bikes like this... Apologies for the pics, Ive not got my scanner to hand. Enjoy!

P4200273_zps7ee6109c.jpg

P4200272_zps35322c27.jpg

P4200275_zps6b58370f.jpg

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Fab! Do you reckon he used a lot of hairspray?

OP
OP
Ed walsh

Ed walsh

That's the one. How did you add the pics? I have some photos but haven't worked out to upload them?

Top Bottom