Hercules

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plantfit

Guru
Aquired this little beauty today, Hercules mans bike, head tube badge says "Hercules cycle and motor co,ltd Brittania works Birmingham" Sturmey Archer drum brakes (not working yet) steering head loose,wrong saddle, three speed Sturmey Archer gears (not sure of the date but KB7 on the hub) everything seems to be in decent condition,I'll just give it a good de-grease and clean,fresh grease in the hubs and a little oil on the chain then have a ride on it before strip down, thorough clean and fettle,
Hercules_bike_(2).jpg
Hercules_bike_(3).jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice :becool:

OP
OP
P

plantfit

Guru
Cleaned the drum brakes out and put some fresh grease in the wheel bearings, wire brushed the chain off and applied some light oil, just gave the frame a wipe down with an oily rag and just had to have a ride on it, First impressions,very comfortable riding position and the seat was nice to sit on, fairly quick on the road and the Sturmey Archer gears were a pleasure to use,only did a five mile round trip on the local Lincolnshire lanes but felt I could have carried on for a lot more,back home and a check on the tightness of all the nuts and bolts,nothing out of place,well pleased,can't wait to have another ride tomorrow

OP
OP
P

plantfit

Guru
All ready for the local village show and the Heckington country show next weekend,1937 Hercules gents cycle and 1879 junior Ordinary cycle

Ready_for_the_show_(2).jpg

OP
OP
P

plantfit

Guru
Wire brushing the paint off the frame today there is a frame number on the left side rear dropout of CA 2006, does anyone know what model of Hercules this would be, the S/A rear hub (3speed) has the code KB7 which is for 1937,both brakes are S/A drum, , for some reason I am unable to access the "Veteran and Vintage cyle club library website where I think they might have a Hercules catalogue, thanks for looking

Last edited:
Top Bottom