Here comes the rain again...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I suppose we are never happy with the weather but I came home at lunchtime today with bright sunshine and temps over 36 C. I was shattered after climbing the stiff hill at the end.

dub-no-bass

I wouldn't mind but when it's warm or mild, it seems to be impossible to stay dry in rain. Don't wear a waterproof.. get soaked. Do wear a waterproof, get soaked from the sauna effect.

I've tried Goretex and it's no better than whatever my much cheaper Altura jacket is made from!

I suppose I should just concentrate on staying warm.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
I've pretty much given up trying to keep dry now - only bother with a jacket if it's realy pouring, otherwise, I find a change of kit takes up very little space in my pannier (which does have a waterproof cover). Don't mind getting wet on the homeward leg, but the run in to work can be no fun at all when the rain's in your face as this morning.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
dub-no-bass said:

Here in North Wales, we say, "You can ride when it's cold and you can ride when it's wet, but you can't ride when it's cold and wet."

Except, you take all the vowels out before you say it... :?:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Still worrying about rain? We are forecast to get to 35°C at the weekend, and 37°C on Monday. Seeing this is about 20 degrees warmer than at present, this may take some getting used to.

It's stopped raining and the sun's come out here.

giant man

Patrick Stevens said:
dub-no-bass said:

Here in North Wales, we say, "You can ride when it's cold and you can ride when it's wet, but you can't ride when it's cold and wet."
yes Patrick but you do have those GLORIOUS hills man. I mean surely it's got to be worth it and i am sure you do have some sunny days as well? :?:

Top Bottom