Here's a film I made with the BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Excellent film, Roger. Well done. Any more in the pipeline?

wafflycat

Any chance of approaching the current crop of British cycling stars, following their success at Beijing, to get them to do a bit of support work as regards fund raising to get Bert recognised & the grace restored? A bit of publicity along the lines of cycling heritage in a sort of 'From Bert to Beijing' way?

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Thanks for all your comments.

And you aren't how I imagined you!

Better or worse?:biggrin:

Is there any family link between Bert Harris and the also very great rider Reg Harris!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!

So there's no firm conclusion about the actual cause of death?

It was recorded as accidental. I don’t think they meant to kill him, just give him a fright but sadly it went very wrong

Any more in the pipeline?

Not at the moment but I do have another story to tell

Are there any plans for it to be shown on TV?

It has been shown on regional BBC as part of the Inside Out series

Any chance of approaching the current crop of British cycling stars, following their success at Beijing, to get them to do a bit of support work as regards fund raising to get Bert recognised & the grace restored? A bit of publicity along the lines of cycling heritage in a sort of 'From Bert to Beijing' way?

I have a design for a full size bronze statue of Bert, council approval of a site for it and permission from the family. Just need to raise £30,000. I do have a plan though and will post it over the weekend. With everyones help it can be done!

Over the weekend I hope to launch my cycling hstory blog as somewhere for some of my research and lots of the photos I've collected:biggrin:

yello

Hilldodger said:
Over the weekend I hope to launch my cycling hstory blog as somewhere for some of my research and lots of the photos I've collected

I'll be interested in that too.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well done R. Would be nice to have the grave restored that's for sure.

Cheddar George

oober member
A great story and a great film hilldodger !!
I love a good documentary but too many documentary makers are frustrated movie directors and make an hour long documentary out of 20 minutes of material.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
bikie said:
Excellent, don't you think his great great great nephew looked like Bert?

I was stunned when I met Richard, his mum phoned me up after seeing a piece in the local paper saying I was lookng for someone to play the part.

She said "Oh he looks a bit like him and would love to play the part"

Another nice outcome was that his side of the family didn't know about Roderick Harris, so I was able to introduce them:smile:

Top Bottom