Herne Hill Velodrome Take 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Is it drop bars only and take any front brakes off? and is there a rule on toe straps or cleat pedals? sorry this might have been specified in earlier posts but i can't see it
See you Sunday

If you are using your own bike it must have drops with the ends pluged. No brake levers or calipers. Fixed gear Not single freewheel. Toe Clips or cleats up to you. and must be clean. or use the track bikes at no extra charge, up to you.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Now full 15 see you all at 2:15

1 SteveVW
2 Simgsxr
3 Dirk Zodiac
4 Cayopro
5 Chris1
6 Redjedi
7 Redjedi+1
8 AndyB
9 simon_adams_uk
10 srocha - from lfgss
11 Watt-O
12 jimbobbin
13 Mr Moses
14 Brahan
15 Trevor

Cayopro

Steve

Thanks again mate for organising another great track session, the 2 hrs was cool, nice to see some more faces there this time, apart from the 5 hrs travel to get there and back it was all good, NICE ONE !!!!! 3 cheers to Steve.......

Polish.

redjedi

Über Member
Thanks Steve. Another good day on the track.

I enjoyed it much more this time, due to not having the flu in the week leading up to it, having the saddle at the right height and using my own pedals.

I was very tired when I got home, but not feeling too bad this morning. It was a good workout before the Dun Run this weekend.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Thanks again for organizing that, Steve. Highly enjoyable. I noticed someone taking photographs (not sure who as I was travelling too fast !!!), I was wondering if they were going on the web somewhere?

Watt-O (Steve)

PS. How many Steves were there? At least four I think!

Brahan

Über Member
A sudden downpour of Steves, wasn't it.

I had a brilliant time, cheers guys. Tell you what - I could have spent the rest of my night in that pub.

By the time I got back home I was pretty whacked and sunburnt. meh. :smile:

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Ok first off sorry for being 45min late, we tried a new route that did not pay off.

No idea how many Steve's we had partly due to the above I did not get much of a chance to get round and chat to all of them / you.

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves because I have just put in a request for another 2 hours on the 19th of September. Will let you all know if we get it.

Yes I could have stayed at the pub too. We could have had a proper Wasabi nut sucking contest after another couple of pints ;)

simgsxr

Another good day Steve + the weather gods were with us once again.

I will add some pictures of the day later, although the speed we were all travelling, most are a blur
!!!

A Wasabi nut sucking contest, I think Alan has had a bit more experience than most, so should breeze that one!

+ good to meet all the new guys as well.

Dirk Zodiac

Yes can only echo the above comments,I loved it chappeau to Steve for organizing it all,apologies to Alan for trying the old funny money trick and any chance of forming 2 pursuit
teams from all the Steves ! if Alan does a name change we'll never be beaten,see you saturday

simgsxr

Apologies for the people I missed, you must have been riding too quickly!!

P1080088.jpg

P1080082.jpg

P1080078.jpg

P1080075.jpg

P1080073.jpg

P1080067.jpg

P1080063.jpg

P1080098.jpg

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Great pics. Looks like I'm a knocked knee cyclist ! I know I can't control my legs when I run, but I thought I had a reasonable riding style. Obviously, not! :-(

Pencil me in for the 19th Sept!

Top Bottom