Herts 3 Rivers Ride Sunday 6 June from Stevenage STILL ON!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Less good, certainly.
This, according to the BBC.
Sunday to Tuesday
Some sunshine now and again, but it will generally be unsettled with showers or rain, heavy and thundery at times, and becoming a bit cooler too

BBC is usually a bit pessimistic IME. Waffles was going to come down for a CTC ride once, but we bailed as rain was predicted. Glorious sunshine all day...

Looks like it might be a bit busy at Fairlands on Sunday, the local ctc have a ride starting at the same time and three counties radio are broadcasting the treasure hunt program from the sailing centre.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That should be nice and confusing then!!!
The Stevenage CTC rides normally start from near the end of my road. I would suggest keeping an eye open for the CC jersey, if I had one. Oh well, I'm sure it'll sort itself out.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've just been out in the rain :biggrin:
If it's tipping it down tomorrow, could people please PM me if they're going to bail out. I'll get up to Fairlands Lakes for a-bit-before-10, and we can take it from there.
I'd quite understand if people don't fancy making a trek here to get wet.:wacko:

redjedi

Über Member
I'm afraid I won't be making it.
Today is my flatmate's birthday and we've just opened a bottle of Jamesons so it could be a late one. I think I may need to sleep in tomorrow.

I hope the weather stays dry for you all.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Cheers Teef!!
I've drunk rather more wine over the course of the evening than was perhaps wise, but at least I didn't rip into the Laphroaig...

topcat1 said:
How's the weather looking now??
Looks good outside at the moment, forecast is showing possible showers early afternoon, you might be lucky and miss em all(everything crossed).See you all later.

Arrived at the cafe at 9:45ish, went in to get a coffee and came out to a slowly deflating rear tyre.The Doctor turned up as i was just finishing the repair, about ten minutes later Steve arrived after having to take a diversion for some road works.After the ctc ride had departed we headed off towards Walkern, weather was cloudy but dry and warm.Weston was the next village we passed through as we skirted around Baldock, Steve had stopped at the top of the last hill before the town and was watching a couple of radio controlled planes in the distance, they were flying near a farm at the bottom of the hill so we went to have a look and found quite a good line up of various size planes.After a brief stop to change my rear inner tube which had gone completely flat we headed to cafe plus for a bite to eat. Bygrave and Ashwell were the next villages we passed through then crossed the A505 and on towards Cromer, after a quick look and the windmill we stopped for afternoon tea at Ardeley(very nice). Back on the road it wasn't long before we were in Walkern, Steve carried straight on to avoid the road closure while TheDoc and myself turned towards Stevenage and then home.
Weather was dry and warm throughout, traffic was good and the route was excellent.
Thanks Doc and Steve for a good ride in the countryside.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm glad you enjoyed it!! I was perhaps slower than would have been ideal, especially up hills. The long drag from the A505 up to the A507 was particularly irksome.
The most excellent cream tea at Ardeley made up for it though.

stevevw

Guru
I had a good time, just the right pace for me as I had been in bed with Man Flu on the previous Thursday and Friday and even did not race on Wednesday because I was so yucky.

Great route that I am going to steal for this weekends Watton Ride and will be taking the beginners ride to the Ardley farm for a cream tea (for breakfast) in a couple of weeks.

Such a shame that more CCer's could not make it.

I have a good 'beginners ride' :angel: around the M25 Steve - passes through Chorleywood, Cheshunt, Potters Bar, Enfield etc - the drivers are all cowboys over yonder! Sunday, I was never going to make it up there - it was downhill into London!

stevevw

Guru
Aperitif said:
I have a good 'beginners ride' ;) around the M25 Steve - passes through Chorleywood, Cheshunt, Potters Bar, Enfield etc - the drivers are all cowboys over yonder!

How did that little ride go Martin? Would like to do that one day.

Top Bottom