Herts CC Ride 7th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am not sure how to use the smilies, but I would be using one with a big smile of satisfaction! But, still, were still cr@p!! And ive got GPS anyhow... nah nah nah nah! lol!

And FFFF, Southampton?? Really?? But lets not escalate this thread into a football one, as tempting as it is! We all know who the Pride of East Anglia is anyhow.. hehe!

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
gezza said:
sorry forgot there is a nasty little hill,just on approach into Hertford:evil:

No need to go up that hill, well unless you want to inflict some pain. :laugh:
At the mini roundabout at the foot of the hill do not go right up the hill go straight on (West Street) past the football ground. I think it says for Access only. That’s fine, you want access to the other end. :angry: At the end either turn left on the dual carriageway, right at roundabout then left at roundabout to the station. Or use the ped/cycle crossing over the duel carriageway, down Castle Street, left at the end then go straight over 1 set of lights and a mini roundabout to the station.

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=34557

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=34558

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Sig SilverPrinter said:
Are we still meeting at 9.15-9.30 at Hertford East Station?

Yes we will meet the train from Liverpool Street and those coming by car at the East station then ride over to the North Station to meet those coming from Kings Cross and the mad people that are doing the tour of the South first. We will then get going at approx 10am.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Cool, thanks Stevevw for that!

Not sure if its been asked but is there anywhere near the station to grab food/drink/wee break at all before we set off?

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Davy
Just before you get to Hertford on the Essendon road you will pass the Riverside Garden Centre they do food and have toilets. The North station has a toilet on the platform and a shop no idea what they sell or what it's like.
And it is 10:00 from the North station not 9:00 :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Excellant, thanks! Train station food can be dodgy and expensive too and station toilets are never reliable..

hehe, thanks, 9am is for the meeting up with the qpr supporter... hehe! to get to you from there is another 14miles.. easy!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I, too, will be keen to take a 'comfort break' before we start. Perhaps I will have to run the gauntlet of station toilets although the Billericay ones were a bit of a disappointment last time (closed).

Davywalnuts said:
hehe, thanks, 9am is for the meeting up with the qpr supporter... hehe! to get to you from there is another 14miles.. easy!

qpr surpporter has a name:evil::smile: honestly there is only one easy hill in Essendon and luckily,now, dont have to negogiate that bastard hill on approach to Hertford North,thank the lord !!!!!:smile:

Hello everyone - been busy working today - for a change! :smile:
Good route Davy - you're in charge...and it also concurs with qpr supporters advice about Brookshill - so 10/10 for you. We'll have a round of PMs tomorrow with phone numbers etc...

36km orthereabouts Davy - about an hour or so... :smile: OK 1hr 55 minutes uphill - you win. :smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
hehehe, sorrry Gezza, couldnt resist! Would you change the route and not do the A411 and Sterling corner if you was us?

Aperitif, I would not trust me for directions, serious, I would know it inside out yourself too! Your end up in watford knowing me if am left in charge! Well, I have a compass for cheap women and booze you see! hahaha!

Just about to PM you both.

Hour coming back maybe! Were see! hehe!

You will not miss gezzaq Davy - he'll be the one with the 'For Higher' sign on his seatpost... He'll lead us in but it's £3.40 and £2.10 per mile thereafter :evil:
(Another tip: Don't ride on his inside or he'll left hook you :biggrin:)

Come on then - what's the weather for this sector on Saturday? Sunny and delightful as a glass of breakfast juice, crisp and dry like yesterday's sandwiches a freshly laundered shirt...need to know, need to know.

On a serious note, it has been 11 years since gezza of this parish was diagnosed with cancer and has fought that battle successfully. He's now having a lot more trouble with his bike and us! ;) Well done that man!

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Davywalnuts said:
Aperitif, I would not trust me for directions, serious, I would know it inside out yourself too! Your end up in watford knowing me if am left in charge!

Davy if you do end up in Watford look out for a low flying object with User3143 on board he will lead you in. :smile:

Top Bottom