Heskey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think he has had a bad press but his goal scoring record is appalling. The Guardian pointed out today that there are 2 international goalkeepers who have a better record than him!:biggrin:

Is he worth a place in the squad?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
As I posted somewhere else, Heskey can have an unsettling influence on those defences which can't cope with an old fashioned English centre forward. He won't start many games, but he is a tactical option when needed rather than just having more of the same.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
As I replied to old Smokin' Joe the other thread....

Heskey is so old and overwight these days, Boris Johnson would be a greater threat. He hasn't scored a goal in a competitive competion since Feb. I concede that Bent has not performed very well in an England shirt, but you can not question his prem goal stats.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Watt-O said:
As I replied to old Smokin' Joe the other thread....

Heskey is so old and overwight these days, Boris Johnson would be a greater threat. He hasn't scored a goal in a competitive competion since Feb. I concede that Bent has not performed very well in an England shirt, but you can not question his prem goal stats.

That's true enough. link

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
I didn't realise our Old Etonian/Balliol/Bullingdon tosspot had ever done enything as active as that before.

Top Bottom