Hetchins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
my unicorn, and I'll never sell it....in the right place at the right time.....

Bought from the original keeper, when he decided to pack up cycling after getting knocked off.....not off this!

5FF13A9A-9F41-4AE5-BE87-90BCE2D37F0A-12077-000006DFE0A42E5F_zpsf4818d33.jpg

And in Italy, at L'Eroica

53117EC4-3726-4CE0-9A9D-A29A865D99A5_zpsdzcz8ovd.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Having seen a curly in the flesh they look great , never ridden one though

Drago

Legendary Member
Why did handlebar bottle cages ever go out of fashion?

The scrapers aren't even touching the tyres! Purely for show!
I bought a complete bike just for the cages.....I use them, and love em! I also bought another complete bike, just for the badged cinelli stem :0)

I think those scrapers are historically important. Good on you for not letting them touch, but keeping them on.

Now for a pair of silver Mavic MA2 rims on those wheels.

OP
OP
stedlocks

stedlocks

Über Member
I know the wheels are a bit, ahem, marmite, but they were the original owner's 'best' wheels, and so I hate the thought of swapping them out......I've got other spare wheels which would suit, and are period correct, but I can't bring myself to run them!

OP
OP
stedlocks

stedlocks

Über Member
No offence Shaun, but I'm not going to give that out as I don't know you personally....it starts H12*** and has been registered with Flash at the Hetchins register. It's not one of the cheaper ones, or a Bob Jackson one, nicked or fake though!
The original owner had it bought for him on 1979 by his father, after he broke his fathers own frame!
Flash suggested that it could have been a 'special', built for someone but not collected, as the serial dates it earlier, before this bloke turned up looking for two frames....Alf loved doing a deal!

Top Bottom