Hey folks from the Wirral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TarkusTank

Regular
Thanks for the welcome Shaun.
I'm was a returning cyclist 12 months ago and have found the sportive bug. Rise Above last year. Etap Eryri this year main aims. Both 100 miles and a couple of shorter rides.
I'm not a club member and not sure about joining one so if someone wants to try and persuade me ...
Cheers

U

User32269

:welcome: Hi from the posh side of the river!

OP
OP
T

TarkusTank

Regular
Thanks for the welcome peeps. Didn't manage to get out this weekend. Kitchen dismantling/moving this weekend. Kitchen fitting next weekend and camping at Easter so short evening rides only for the foreseeable I thInk. BTW Snodwon car parks at Pen y gwryd were heaving today but plenty of two wheelers out

Lee_M

Guru
if you find the right club it's awesome, if you find the wrong one it's horrible. In the past Ive done both! It depends what you want, you have to find the right sort of club for your sort of riding.

OP
OP
T

TarkusTank

Regular
I'm a bit slow on forums as well. Good video. Really positive. That said I do like to go at my own pace (slow up and fast down) and as a driver I hate bunches of cyclists spread across and along the road making overtaking difficult. When I do a sportive I get out of the groups as soon as I can. Maybe I'm just antisocial

clockworksimon

Über Member
Bit slow on the old cycle chat front but a belated welcome from Chester. If you haven't, have a go at doing some loops in the Hope Mountain area. In range for an evening ride by driving out from the Wirral whilst it is light. Multiple killer climbs up 3 of its 4 sides, usually passed by as people ride on towards Worlds End, Horseshoe Pass etc.

OP
OP
T

TarkusTank

Regular
Bit slow on the old cycle chat front but a belated welcome from Chester. If you haven't, have a go at doing some loops in the Hope Mountain area. In range for an evening ride by driving out from the Wirral whilst it is light. Multiple killer climbs up 3 of its 4 sides, usually passed by as people ride on towards Worlds End, Horseshoe Pass etc.

Coincidence. Not often I look at this site either. Thanks for the suggestion. Did the Rise Above sportive go near there last year? I did the 100 mile and there were some killers

clockworksimon

Über Member
Rise above went to the side of Hope Mountain and onwards. Fine if you have all day but if just a few hours it's worth exploring. On the OS map there are lots of double arrow sections! I like it if you havent gathered by now!!

OP
OP
T

TarkusTank

Regular
Rise above went to the side of Hope Mountain and onwards. Fine if you have all day but if just a few hours it's worth exploring. On the OS map there are lots of double arrow sections! I like it if you havent gathered by now!!
I'll get the map out and maybe head out there next weekend. Bikes in for a service on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get it back before the weekend

Top Bottom